Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 02:25 PM

934 posts, read 1,061,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpark View Post
Just got back from family vacation, took a blissful break from everything, including MLB, but now I'm back...
What do you think about the O's chances for a playoff push at this point? I think the Yanks have the division on lock (you never know, but they're playing very good baseball right now), but the O's definitely have a shot at the WC.

Are you scared of the new and improved Jays? In a Jays vs. O's race for the WC, who prevails?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2015, 03:11 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,455,607 times
I haven't looked at any of the trades. A beefed up Blue Jays is certainly scary - they seem to be very solid this year and have the O's number. NYY always seems to be threatening a run, so no real feeling on that yet. This year has been a struggle so far for the O's, they never seemed to really jell and we see this in the rotation changes, platooning in positions, lack of a real solid DH, increased errors over last year, few come from behind wins, waek farm system at the moment. Without looking at the trades etc, I'd say Buck and the boys will try for a wildcard spot, but how successful they will be is anybody's guess at this point. As usual, the AL East is a tough division and it is hard to stand out (3 teams over .500, NL East has only two - Nats and Mets, tied at this point at .524). Blue Jays seem poised stronger than the O's for a WC run at this point.

I hope the Mets take the NL East, sees to me the Nats bullpen is weak. I do wish the O's had a better road record. TOR is 5.5 games back, BAL 6 and won 7 of last 10.

As usual - it ain't over 'til its over adn I'll watch the Birds until the end - since I make it a habit to go to the first and last home game every season (with many in between), back in 2011 (IIRC) I was rewarded with watching teh Rays fell teh Yankees and the O's beating teh Sawx adn thus eliminating them from the wildcard - that was lot's o' fun!

Old 08-04-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
I haven't looked at any of the trades. A beefed up Blue Jays is certainly scary - they seem to be very solid this year and have the O's number. NYY always seems to be threatening a run, so no real feeling on that yet. This year has been a struggle so far for the O's, they never seemed to really jell and we see this in the rotation changes, platooning in positions, lack of a real solid DH, increased errors over last year, few come from behind wins, waek farm system at the moment. Without looking at the trades etc, I'd say Buck and the boys will try for a wildcard spot, but how successful they will be is anybody's guess at this point. As usual, the AL East is a tough division and it is hard to stand out (3 teams over .500, NL East has only two - Nats and Mets, tied at this point at .524). Blue Jays seem poised stronger than the O's for a WC run at this point.

I hope the Mets take the NL East, sees to me the Nats bullpen is weak. I do wish the O's had a better road record. TOR is 5.5 games back, BAL 6 and won 7 of last 10.

As usual - it ain't over 'til its over adn I'll watch the Birds until the end - since I make it a habit to go to the first and last home game every season (with many in between), back in 2011 (IIRC) I was rewarded with watching teh Rays fell teh Yankees and the O's beating teh Sawx adn thus eliminating them from the wildcard - that was lot's o' fun!
O's definitely have flaws, but everyone does. The Jays are definitely going for it, though. I'm nervous about them on the O's behalf.

AL East is definitely a tough division, as always. I admit that the Mets are lucky to be playing in the NL East, which seems to be one of the weaker divisions. But, I would not have predicted that at the beginning of the season. Nats should have run away with the damn thing with the talent they have. I would be furious if I was a Nats fan right now. I think all of the teams in the NL Central wish they could be in the East, but the doubters can go scratch because even if the Mets barely squeeze into the postseason from a weak division, no team wants to face their pitching in the playoffs. Period.

This is the latest in the season the Mets have been in contention since '06-'08 when I was still in high school living in New Jersey. And I am so, so pumped. But, honestly, it's making me very homesick. Everyone knows I love Baltimore, the O's, and OPACY. But, my heart is literally aching that I can't just drop everything and go to Citi Field and support my team. My parents have gone to a bunch of games and they're having the time of their lives. I am so jealous. I have never seen my team win a WS. I have been dreaming of it for years and years. So, the thought of having to watch it away from my family and friends and all of the other Mets fans is just heartbreaking, to be honest.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:06 AM

Hey DG - Mets @ OPACY today, $10 seats in the 300s, 7:05 game - you going? I'm tempted!

Old 08-18-2015, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Hey DG - Mets @ OPACY today, $10 seats in the 300s, 7:05 game - you going? I'm tempted!
Hell yeah I'm going! I'll be there tonight and tomorrow. Tonight I'm flying solo, but I'm sitting with The 7 Line Army (a group of super diehard Mets fans that organize events at both Citi Field and a number of away stadiums throughout the season). We'll be 2 sections and 700 strong. You'll probably hear us , but we're sitting in sections 70 and 72 by the left field foul pole.

Tomorrow I'll be on the field level behind the Mets dugout with my parents.

Both teams in the hunt and hungry - these should be fantastic games.

Old 08-18-2015, 02:27 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,417,247 times
Go Yankees!!!!

I'm going to keep saying this until World Series time.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:25 PM

6,999 posts, read 11,293,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by designer_genes View Post
Hell yeah I'm going! I'll be there tonight and tomorrow. Tonight I'm flying solo, but I'm sitting with The 7 Line Army (a group of super diehard Mets fans that organize events at both Citi Field and a number of away stadiums throughout the season). We'll be 2 sections and 700 strong. You'll probably hear us , but we're sitting in sections 70 and 72 by the left field foul pole.

I enjoyed sweeping your team last weekend. I remember the old NL East, where the Pirates and Mets were big rivals in the late 1980s. The old animosity was till there; if I squinted I could almost picture Doug Drabek pitching to Strawberry.

I was surprised honestly. That was our 4-5-6 starting pitchers (Burnett is hurt/old/ineffective and on the DL,) and I expected at least one or two of them to get roughed off. Once the game became the battle of the bullpens, the Bucs gained a huge advantage.

Have fun tonight.

Old 08-18-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by designer_genes View Post

Awesome, I know you'll have a great time!

Old 08-18-2015, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
Go Yankees!!!!

I'm going to keep saying this until World Series time.
Hey now!!!

Darn O's are still 3rd in the AL East...

Old 08-19-2015, 07:43 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,417,247 times
This is all you need to be know buddy!!!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore