U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 11:46 AM

675 posts, read 600,412 times

Advertisements

All of this time I wonder why Mosby has had it in for the Baltimore City police. In the back of my head I wondered about whether she was abused by her father or something like that. According to the "Daily Caller" Mosby's father, who was a police officer, was arrested for robbing drug dealers and keeping the money for himself. Although these charges were not sustained he was subsequently fired for conduct unbecoming of a police officer. Her grandfather, who was also a police officer, tried to sue the Boston Police Department for discrimination. Evidently he had lost one eye in an accident and could not continue to serve as a police officer with only one eye. When dismissed from active duty he decided to play the race card and claimed he was discriminated against even though it was police policy that one could not serve in the police department with one eye. Some police did though in administrative duties. Mosby has been quick to justify her actions against the police by stating that she comes from a long line of police officers but has not address the issue of her heritage of not being of good character.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 04:42 PM

189 posts, read 652,645 times
Source? I just tried to look for the article you're discussing, and couldn't find it.

Edit: just found it, but here's my thing: as a prosecutor, in many instances, she works alongside the police is most cases, no? Why would she have a vendetta against the cops? Using that logic, Rudy Giuliani was flawed as a prosecutor as well:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ok-claims.html

Old 06-14-2015, 08:54 AM

4 posts, read 5,700 times
Mosby comes from five generations of police officers, including her mother. What evidence do you have that her grandfather was"playing" the race card, and not an actual victim of racism? He was one of the founding members of the Black policeman's union. Talk to former black officers in Baltimore City that weren't even allowed to patrol white neighborhoods in the 60's . I don't see how he couldn't have experienced racism on some level in Massachusetts during that period. What is your real agenda?

Old 06-14-2015, 12:07 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,162,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debold4215 View Post
All of this time I wonder why Mosby has had it in for the Baltimore City police. In the back of my head I wondered about whether she was abused by her father or something like that. According to the "Daily Caller" Mosby's father, who was a police officer, was arrested for robbing drug dealers and keeping the money for himself. Although these charges were not sustained he was subsequently fired for conduct unbecoming of a police officer. Her grandfather, who was also a police officer, tried to sue the Boston Police Department for discrimination. Evidently he had lost one eye in an accident and could not continue to serve as a police officer with only one eye. When dismissed from active duty he decided to play the race card and claimed he was discriminated against even though it was police policy that one could not serve in the police department with one eye. Some police did though in administrative duties. Mosby has been quick to justify her actions against the police by stating that she comes from a long line of police officers but has not address the issue of her heritage of not being of good character.
Seems like you got it all figured out.

Old 06-14-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax View Post
Source? I just tried to look for the article you're discussing, and couldn't find it.

Edit: just found it, but here's my thing: as a prosecutor, in many instances, she works alongside the police is most cases, no? Why would she have a vendetta against the cops? Using that logic, Rudy Giuliani was flawed as a prosecutor as well:

Was Rudy Giuliani's father part of the mob? | Daily Mail Online
It is Mosby herself that keeps bring up that she comes from a family with multiple generations of police officers, never addressing their character. I tried to look up the article on Giuliani but could not find it. If he was from a crime family as well then he shouldn't have been a State's Attorney. My point here is that people have what we call compensatory functions. Do you realize how painful it must have been to have a father who is supposed to be protecting the citizens dismissed from his job for not poor conduct.

Old 06-14-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resi Hill View Post
Mosby comes from five generations of police officers, including her mother. What evidence do you have that her grandfather was"playing" the race card, and not an actual victim of racism? He was one of the founding members of the Black policeman's union. Talk to former black officers in Baltimore City that weren't even allowed to patrol white neighborhoods in the 60's . I don't see how he couldn't have experienced racism on some level in Massachusetts during that period. What is your real agenda?
Look up what happened to the grandfather and let me know what you find out.

Old 06-14-2015, 12:55 PM

5,289 posts, read 6,453,940 times
Are you attempting to smear this women's name and her grandfather's police record because of her:

1.) Ethnicity (you hate seeing African Americans in positions of influence/power)?
2.) Because she's a woman?
3.) All the above

Quote:
Originally Posted by debold4215 View Post

Old 06-14-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
Are you attempting to smear this women's name and her grandfather's police record because of her:

1.) Ethnicity (you hate seeing African Americans in positions of influence/power)?
2.) Because she's a woman?
3.) All the above
None of the above. I see Mosby as a person who is seeking notoriety more so than justice. She could have handled the Freddie Gray situation without all the grandstanding. Overall I view her as being a very bright individual with no common sense. Just look at the ramifications of her decisions.

Old 06-14-2015, 08:08 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,303,576 times
State Prosecutor McCullough in the Mike Brown case also has a long family history of police in his family. That very history raised questions on his "bias" and "objectivity" in the Mike Brown case. He also had a public press conference that was televised. Do you think he was "grandstanding"?

Old 06-14-2015, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choccity View Post
State Prosecutor McCullough in the Mike Brown case also has a long family history of police in his family. That very history raised questions on his "bias" and "objectivity" in the Mike Brown case. He also had a public press conference that was televised. Do you think he was "grandstanding"?
maybe. I didn't see or here about it. Perhaps you can give me a link so I can look it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore