Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 08:58 AM

934 posts, read 1,063,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName14289 View Post
The Gunther? He *is* practically in the burbs (he's got a Target shopping center across the street, for goodness sake. Nothing says "border of the burbs" like a Target. lol) Don't worry about it. If you're not his mom, honestly, it's none of your business.

No offense but typically the only people concerned about Baltimore crime are the people that don't know Baltimore.

Yes, Baltimore has crime. Yes, it is largely concentrated in certain pockets. That's like saying he shouldn't move to LA because there are bad pockets. There are also good pockets with multi-million dollar homes. Stop watching TV. (And speaking of TV, you mentioned San Bern. today. What's their crime rate? Doesn't matter. Crime happens everywhere. You made my point for me.)

Oh, and as for the helicopters, you do realize your proximity to shock trauma? Could have easily been trauma or news copters.

People fear that which they do not know. Want to be a good friend? Stop being his momma, support his decisions, and get out and learn what he likes about Baltimore.
^ All of this.

You're bothered by the copters? There are 3 world class hospitals in very close proximity to each other in this city. Of course there are going to be copters.

The Gunther is swanky as hell and right on the water. Overpriced for sure, but it's almost laughable to worry about his safety if he lives there. Canton Crossing might as well be a shopping center in the suburbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 10:16 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,093,332 times
Canton is a robbery fear bubble. But I'm not worried about the homicide rates, just the property and robbery crimes.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:30 PM

912 posts, read 915,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Canton is a robbery fear bubble. But I'm not worried about the homicide rates, just the property and robbery crimes.
I have never been robbed in Canton. I don't know a single person that's been robbed in Canton. Does it happen? Sure. People win the lottery too. I don't know any of those people either.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd1skng View Post
Now you know how scary it is downtown at the Marriott waterfront. Comedy. These types of posts are getting creative.
lol I know, right? Gosh. If this person walked a day in the area in which I grew up, they'd have a real coronary. lol Yet I went off to college, graduated with highest honors, moved around the country, married well (divorced even happier lol), and thrived -- imagine that! lol, Wow, that scary Baltimore, full of low class, uneducated criminals. Look at their big, scary teeth lol (mine are all original and straight, thank you very much lol).

Old 12-03-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName14289 View Post
I have never been robbed in Canton. I don't know a single person that's been robbed in Canton. Does it happen? Sure. People win the lottery too. I don't know any of those people either.
I also have never been robbed in Canton and I'm there all the time since I live in Patterson Park. I don't know anyone that's been robbed there.

I live *gasp* north of the Park and I have never had any problems walking around or with my property.

Old 12-03-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by designer_genes View Post
I also have never been robbed in Canton and I'm there all the time since I live in Patterson Park. I don't know anyone that's been robbed there.

I live *gasp* north of the Park and I have never had any problems walking around or with my property.
Exactly. Granted, just because a crime has never happened to either of us doesn't mean that crime doesn't exist there. However, I am incredibly tapped into that neighborhood in various ways, so you would think that, if crime were that prevalent there, that I, of all people, would know at least *one* person that has been a victim of such crimes there. The worst I ever heard of was two different friends having their cars broken into because both had left valuables in plain sight. That's just lack of common sense for the area.

Old 12-04-2015, 05:26 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,457,473 times
16 years in Baltimore, been all over the city, never a victim of crime. Really, if you aren't looking for dope or trouble or stupid, you'll be fine. And the only mass shootings we have here are "in the game."

And remember, the game is everywhere and no, you don't have to play.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpark View Post
16 years in Baltimore, been all over the city, never a victim of crime. Really, if you aren't looking for dope or trouble or stupid, you'll be fine. And the only mass shootings we have here are "in the game."

And remember, the game is everywhere and no, you don't have to play.
Yeah. Given the amount of crazies out there in this country that seem willing to shoot up shopping malls and movie theaters just for ****s and giggles, mostly in the suburbs, I actually feel just as safe here as I would anywhere, quite frankly.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by designer_genes View Post
Yeah. Given the amount of crazies out there in this country that seem willing to shoot up shopping malls and movie theaters just for ****s and giggles, mostly in the suburbs, I actually feel just as safe here as I would anywhere, quite frankly.
Exactly. I am actually thankful that I didn't grow up in the best area, because I took those street smarts with me when I moved to better areas. Crime can happen anywhere, but at least I'm more equipped than some.

I remember when my college boyfriend's car was "broken into" and items were stollen from it. He couldn't believe it. *I* couldn't believe that he left valuables in plain sight *and* didn't lock his car. Where he was from, people didn't even own house keys because they never lock anything. And I said, that's the exact reason a burglar would come to this town.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:20 AM

30,372 posts, read 19,170,654 times
No one has caused the death of more blacks than BLM...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore