Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 11:21 AM

926 posts, read 1,250,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Eazy-E is a personal hero of mine....at least as far as entertainers can possibly can be considered a "hero." (hardly) I wouldn't cast him as pillar of morality, but I like(d) his work ethic. And he was a pretty down to earth character. Not to mention he could belt out a rhyme that would cut like a knife. I particularly like "Real Muthaf****n G's"....a diatribe against the sellout Dr. Dre and his "anorexic rapper" Snoop Dogg. Doesn't get any better than that as far as i'm concerned.

I will go see Strait Outta Compton....but i've got to find it in a theater in WhitePeopleVille. LOL I refuse to go see the movie in a place where I won't be able to hear it because of a bunch of loud, disrespectful minority youth who weren't even born when Eazy and Company were hitting their stride.
Lol. I like Eazy E.

I don't think any of those west coast rappers can hold a candle to the real old school conscious hip hop. Nas, Wu Tang, Redman and Method Man, Raekwon, Chuck D and Public Enemy, Erik B and Rakhim, Jadakiss, Erik Sermon, Remy Ma. I could go on and on.

It's a shame young kids today don't know what good music sounds like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 11:56 AM

389 posts, read 423,853 times
Sorry, but as a feminist I can't support this movie.

Old 09-12-2015, 05:36 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,371,560 times
Excellent question Redd1skng! There is much to be said about this...give me a minute to gather my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd1skng View Post
Do you think hip hop music went left when west coast gangsta rap became popular?

Old 09-12-2015, 05:42 AM

Why not?! Lol! A feminist (rolling eyes)? *Sighs...we need to talk girl!!!! I have some serious problems with feminism in relationship to Black women and the Black experience.

Whether you choose to like it or not, celebrate it or not...NWA's story is a microcosm of larger, more luminous problems within the so-called African American community. So, just to dismiss the film cause of your political views can be problematic if one is wanting to see the bigger picture from various angles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowery View Post
Sorry, but as a feminist I can't support this movie.

Old 09-12-2015, 05:48 AM

Redd,

There is a book out entitled, The FBI War on Tupac Shakur and Black Leaders: US Intelligence's Murderous Targeting of Tupac, MLK, Malcolm, Panthers, Hendrix, Marley, Rappers and Linked Ethnic Leftist by John Potash. It explains a lot of what of how certain artists are targeted by US intelligence communities/agencies for various reasons, and some more than others.

I don't think any of those west coast rappers can hold a candle to the real old school conscious hip hop. Nas, Wu Tang, Redman and Method Man, Raekwon, Chuck D and Public Enemy, Erik B and Rakhim, Jadakiss, Erik Sermon, Remy Ma. I could go on and on.

It's a shame young kids today don't know what good music sounds like.[/quote]

Old 09-12-2015, 05:52 AM

Celebrating?! Anway... Lol! The rise of NWA speaks volumes to what's been happening in America to its young children for a very long time. Decline of Black existence didn't start with NWA or rap music!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyinthestreets View Post
Celebrating n.w.a. Is like celebrating the arrival of crack in the black community
After contributing to the continued decline of the black existence and becoming dumb rich off it, Dr. dre donates money to an Ivy League instead of hbcu...

Old 09-12-2015, 05:53 AM

"It's a shame young kids today don't know what good music sounds like."

*I hear this ALL the time! But, it's up to us, the knowledgeable ones" to educate them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd1skng View Post
Lol. I like Eazy E.

It's a shame young kids today don't know what good music sounds like.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:47 AM

389 posts, read 423,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
Why not?! Lol! A feminist (rolling eyes)? *Sighs...we need to talk girl!!!! I have some serious problems with feminism in relationship to Black women and the Black experience.

Whether you choose to like it or not, celebrate it or not...NWA's story is a microcosm of larger, more luminous problems within the so-called African American community. So, just to dismiss the film cause of your political views can be problematic if one is wanting to see the bigger picture from various angles.
I didn't see the movie [Ijust[/i] because of my political views. In the article below, you will see why I didn't see it. Colorism is wrong and disgusting. I'm actually apart of a Black Feminism discussion group which addresses issues that only Black women face.

http:// http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5597010

Old 09-12-2015, 06:21 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,076,032 times
Can someone explain how NWA disliked woman? I'm unaware of the history.

Old 09-13-2015, 07:08 AM

Sunflowery,

LOL! That is old news. I remember all this outrageous casting call ad, and it's quite unfortunate, but I will not throw the baby out with the bath water. Colorism is nothing new amongst people of color, especially African/African-American/Afri-Carribean people. It's a manifestation of a bigger problem of white supremacy and identity....so you already know how messed up and maladjusted black folks are behind this line of psychosis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowery View Post
I didn't see the movie [Ijust[/i] because of my political views. In the article below, you will see why I didn't see it. Colorism is wrong and disgusting. I'm actually apart of a Black Feminism discussion group which addresses issues that only Black women face.

http:// http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5597010
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore