Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How has living in Baltimore changed your feelings about black people
It has given me a much worse opinion of Black people 7 38.89%
It has given me a moderately worse opinion of Black people 0 0%
It has not changed my opinion about Black people (I never liked them) 1 5.56%
It has not changed my opinion about Black people (I never had a probelm with them) 7 38.89%
It has given me a moderately better opinion of Black people 0 0%
It has given me a much better opinion of Black people 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 10:32 AM

850 posts, read 1,130,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltplanner View Post
That black people will start be more critical of persistent negative behaviors in their own demographic group (instead of apologizing for criminals or looking for ways to deflect blame), then reform themselves and become a less antisocial group with significantly lower crime rates and higher rates of personal and economic success.
How many years will this take????

I tend to feel some blacks feel that this behavior is part of black culture!!! That it's considered acceptable in black culture to behave in this manner. I also feel blacks who are like this don't care what whites feel about them.

Have you heard of the "acting white" and "uncle tom" phenomena in black culture. It's somehow bad to go to college and get an education???

Old 01-12-2016, 10:41 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,417,247 times
Who is apologizing from criminals and criminal behavior?!!! Black youths, Black parents, negro organizations like the NAACP, Urban League? Has the Nation Of Islam showed an apologetic feelings of Black criminality? White liberal and neo-liberalism? Now, if I'm trying to provide a level of evidence-based analysis of these individual's and their criminal activities, that shouldn't necessarily constitute me being an "apologist or deflecting blame". We can travel down this rabbit hole if you'd care to (I do not), but I understand how context can be misunderstood in relationship to discussions like this. I can place some serious evidentiary blame on the system and how it operates towards Black people (and Black youth) in general, as opposed to other ethnicities in the United States (topic for another discussion).

Quote:
That black people will start be more critical of persistent negative behaviors in their own demographic group (instead of apologizing for criminals or looking for ways to deflect blame), then reform themselves and become a less antisocial group with significantly lower crime rates and higher rates of personal and economic success.

Old 01-12-2016, 10:43 AM

219 posts, read 405,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steppinthrax View Post

I tend to feel some blacks feel that this behavior is part of black culture!!! That it's considered acceptable in black culture to behave in this manner. I also feel blacks who are like this don't care what whites feel about them.

Have you heard of the "acting white" and "uncle tom" phenomena in black culture. It's somehow bad to go to college and get an education???

I would hope that they start caring when we throw them into prison and coral them into public housing in ****ty neighborhoods..... but in reality most wont see the connection between their poor behavior and the punishment that we dole out for it.

Old 01-12-2016, 10:51 AM

Steppinthrax,

Black culture is not monolithic, the same way so-called white/Euro culture is not monolithic! There are some very disturbing dynamics that have taken placed internally/externally that has morphed some aspects of Black culture into death culture and living.

Acting white = I know a lot of Black folks who'd rather be white then what they were born into. Somehow, there confused existence has forced them to believe that intelligence, critical thinking, reading, writing and speaking correctly is the prime domain of whiteness and epitome of European excellence. Black folks can display intelligence without sounding like they are imitating, behaving and sounding white folks.

uncle tom = LOL! I can break this down. Historically speaking, Uncle Tom's weren't the real problems of the plantation system, but the SAMBO, the ultimate buffoon, was the most dangerous.

college = Hmmmm! Let me think on this one. I'm pro-university and academics. But, everyone is not built for academic/collegiate life no matter the color of skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steppinthrax View Post

Old 01-12-2016, 10:55 AM

Baltplanner,

Naw, some of these youths don't care and see prison as a right of passage.

Don't you think there are enough Black males in the Prison Industrial Complex (slavery by another name)?!

As for the high level of incarcerated Black men, private prison investment bring in major capital. There is major money to be made incarcerating such a demographic.

Quote:
I would hope that they start caring when we throw them into prison and coral them into public housing in ****ty neighborhoods..... but in reality most wont see the connection between their poor behavior and the punishment that we dole out for it.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:12 AM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
We THINK that black people exhibit a collective behavior because they DO, at least according to this poster:

Right.. this poster is entitled to his/her own opinion.. but here again..this gets back into sterotype..ALL of this people or ALL of that people..rather than treating folks as individuals..Whats funny is people tend to stereotype others.. then they meet one person/people who defy that stereotype and if its a positive experience then it becomes.." I hate black people... oh but I love Cam Newton/black co worker/employee/neighbor.......but he's/they are different"....people are often willing to accept the exception when its convenient without acknowledging that these folks all had to be strangers or not famous at one time or another to them ..LOL

Old 01-12-2016, 11:33 AM

Woodlands,

You know how powerful perception is correct?! Truth is non-relevant, but perception is everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Right.. this poster is entitled to his/her own opinion.. but here again..this gets back into sterotype..ALL of this people or ALL of that people..rather than treating folks as individuals..Whats funny is people tend to stereotype others.. then they meet one person/people who defy that stereotype and if its a positive experience then it becomes.." I hate black people... oh but I love Cam Newton/black co worker/employee/neighbor.......but he's/they are different"....people are often willing to accept the exception when its convenient without acknowledging that these folks all had to be strangers or not famous at one time or another to them ..LOL

Old 01-12-2016, 04:39 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,205,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihu88 View Post
doesn't were you come from, if your rich or poor, what job you have or neighborhood you live in. you negros are always going to be negros. period. ..
Unfortunately, most Negroes don't even know who they truly are and what kind of history we truly had that the propaganda reeducation camps *cough* public school system *cough* sure as hell haven't taught us. Same way most Caucasians probably don't know who they actually are and where they actually came from (hint: it sure as bell isn't Europe)....

But I digress, keep trolling newbie

Old 01-12-2016, 09:08 PM

142 posts, read 193,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneGrail View Post
My opinion hasn't changed. As with any group, there are some turds among the populace for sure but those are the ones that cry the loudest and make the news.

Being that I work in law enforcement, I am exposed to a variety of blacks from diverse economic backgrounds.

The vast majority of African Americans I personally know are decent, law-abiding people, as they tend to be other cops or they work in a professional setting and are just as appalled at the behavior of the so called "hood rats" as anyone else.

The majority of criminals I deal with also tend to be black, but that's because this is a black majority city. If it were a white majority city, most of the criminals I would encounter would be white. It's just a matter of numbers.

Its important not to let media hype shape your opinions of any group of people.

Take that for what it is.
Nothing but respect for this comment!

Old 01-12-2016, 09:24 PM

142 posts, read 193,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite_heights77 View Post
who is apologizing from criminals and criminal behavior?!!! Black youths, black parents, negro organizations like the naacp, urban league? Has the nation of islam showed an apologetic feelings of black criminality? White liberal and neo-liberalism? Now, if i'm trying to provide a level of evidence-based analysis of these individual's and their criminal activities, that shouldn't necessarily constitute me being an "apologist or deflecting blame". We can travel down this rabbit hole if you'd care to (i do not), but i understand how context can be misunderstood in relationship to discussions like this. I can place some serious evidentiary blame on the system and how it operates towards black people (and black youth) in general, as opposed to other ethnicities in the united states (topic for another discussion).
+500
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore