Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2016, 07:42 PM

185 posts, read 174,014 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know about the center point apartment buildings in downtown Baltimore the pictures are very nice and it is in my budget does anyone know of this place ? And does anyone know if this area of downtown is safe it said its on north Howard street . I know Baltimore has very bad areas and lots of low income and gangs and violence just wondering how this area is ?

And also if it is walkable to bars , restaurants shops and the water ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 06:04 AM

222 posts, read 270,861 times
Its very close to the Royal Farms Arena. Its not in a particular bad area but i definitely wouldn't go walking outside by yourself late night. Depending which bars, i'm sure it is walkable to a bar in the area but it would be a very long walk to the more popular bar districts. Since its in the city, you will be close to restaurants and shops and you are not too far of a walking distance from the water.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:55 AM

1,310 posts, read 1,509,915 times
In this thread: https://www.city-data.com/forum/balti...owntown-4.html

I found:
ffknight918

"Honestly, I don't think downtown is nearly as bad as some are making it out to be. I currently live in a downtown loft and love it. So I'm here every day and night. I've yet to come close to any problems. I've also lived in Fells Point and Canton. I don't feel any less safe downtown than I did in those areas.

I'm on the west side of downtown a couple blocks north of Camden Yards and a couple south of Lexington Market. There's some great bars like Ale Wife and Forno which I would recommend. Forno has amazing pizza. Pratt Street Ale House is good. The stadium bars can be fun. Not to mention I can walk up two blocks and watch an O's game for cheaper than a movie.

There's a lot of new apartments being built. Under Armour just opened a new gym last week called the Under Armour Performance Center. It's in an old bank that they renovated and put a turf field in. https://www.instagram.com/p/BE8z54FkTnD/

Definitely a lot of new things going on downtown."

Centerpoint is right around the block from Alewife and Forno.

Old 05-12-2016, 06:35 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,091,069 times
They have a good reputation. Downtown is changing very rapidly and is slowly becoming revitalized. I think you will be fine downtown, baltimore city is not inhabitible.

Old 05-12-2016, 11:51 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,474,061 times
I could be wrong, but isn't that complex an amalgamation of several distinct buildings? If so, there can be high variance in apartment quality.

Old 05-22-2016, 07:12 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,418,864 times
Quote:
"Honestly, I don't think downtown is nearly as bad as some are making it out to be.
*Correct! People make it out to be some Chicano Cartel controlled border-town or South Bronx circa' 1969. Don't get me wrong Baltimore is dangerous; proceed with caution, but, don't let that stop you from living your life and experiencing the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwduvall View Post
In this thread: https://www.city-data.com/forum/balti...owntown-4.html

I found:
ffknight918

"Honestly, I don't think downtown is nearly as bad as some are making it out to be. I currently live in a downtown loft and love it. So I'm here every day and night. I've yet to come close to any problems. I've also lived in Fells Point and Canton. I don't feel any less safe downtown than I did in those areas.

I'm on the west side of downtown a couple blocks north of Camden Yards and a couple south of Lexington Market. There's some great bars like Ale Wife and Forno which I would recommend. Forno has amazing pizza. Pratt Street Ale House is good. The stadium bars can be fun. Not to mention I can walk up two blocks and watch an O's game for cheaper than a movie.

There's a lot of new apartments being built. Under Armour just opened a new gym last week called the Under Armour Performance Center. It's in an old bank that they renovated and put a turf field in. https://www.instagram.com/p/BE8z54FkTnD/

Definitely a lot of new things going on downtown."

Centerpoint is right around the block from Alewife and Forno.

Old 05-22-2016, 09:01 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,864,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstateanddown View Post
Does anyone know about the center point apartment buildings in downtown Baltimore the pictures are very nice and it is in my budget does anyone know of this place ? And does anyone know if this area of downtown is safe it said its on north Howard street . I know Baltimore has very bad areas and lots of low income and gangs and violence just wondering how this area is ?

And also if it is walkable to bars , restaurants shops and the water ?
I used to live in Centerpoint when I was in grad school in Baltimore. The main building is a high rise, but there are many other styles of buildings around the block that are all connected through a central parking garage. I loved the building and the apartments are really nice (I was in the high rise).

I wouldn't call that section of downtown "bad" but you definitely need to use your street smarts around that area at night. When I was living there, there was a stabbing right across the street from Centerpoint (in the middle of the day). There was also a really big fight at the McDonalds across the street (that was on YouTube at one point). The 7-11 located on the Center Point block was looted during the Freddy Gray riots.

When I was last there, the area was starting to gentrify with some new restaurants, etc, but it's not exactly a "happening" part of town. Baltimore is physically pretty small, so you can easily walk to other parts of the city for bars/restaurants from where Center Point is located.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: