Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2016, 10:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,714 times

Advertisements

I recently moved back to the area and have been staying with my boyfriend in the O'Donnell Heights area until I could find a place of my own. I cam across a really nice one bedroom on North Eutaw St. that has all the amenities I was looking for in my price range, by my bf has reservations about me living there because he feels the area has a lot of junkies and may not be safe. The place is located at N Eutaw and W Franklin in the 400 block. Unfortunately, my knowledge of the areas that are safe and the ones to avoided is pretty minimal. It's been over two decades since I lived in Maryland full time and even then, we lived in the county not the city. Anyone know anything about this area and whether it's safe to live here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 02:17 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,458,115 times
Organic produce from Lexington Market.

Old 08-24-2016, 07:03 PM

1,310 posts, read 1,496,723 times
You would clearly be a little bit of a pioneer in that area as I think the number of people living near there will increase over the next ten years as the west side of downtown develops. It will eventually be a pretty cool place to live. That location is just a block and a half from the new building going up at Franklin and Park. If you chose to take the apartment, you will need to keep your wits about you at all times after dark. If you can do that, you will probably be relatively safe. You would definitely be at the economy end of the economy vs. safety continuum.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:12 AM

190 posts, read 166,040 times
If you are white, no. If you are black, latino, or asian, probably not. That's a bad area, period.

Old 08-29-2016, 10:29 PM

110 posts, read 201,864 times
Don't do it.

If you want to stay in the city, look here:
-Charles Village/Mt Vernon
-Canton/Fed HILL
-Highlandtown/Patterson Park (my personal favorite)

If you want to venture into the county:
-Towson/Lutherville - Timonium
-Pikesville (north of 695)
-Catonsville
-White Marsh/certain areas of Parkville

Old 08-29-2016, 11:53 PM

478 posts, read 804,786 times
Marginal at best (don't walk on foot at night in that area, I'd be wary of walking alone during daytime as well). You'd be much better off a few blocks farther east, towards the Mt. Vernon area. Or north, in Bolton Hill (which can be a little sketchy at night, but is much better than the area you're looking right now).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore