Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 11:30 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,408,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkpoolofgenius View Post
I know exactly where they are in this documentary.

I don't sell my body nor am I selling drugs. I am actually working to try to be apart of the solution in the city. The generational cycle of poverty is what is killing the city but no one, not even Trump and his current plan are trying to fix the issues that creates these problems with families. Job opportunities and the training that is required...the educational system sucks. But just like with this documentary, attention is brought to the issues but no funding or assistance is added to the solution, and the organizations and people in the city working hard to fix the problems
The issues begin and end with the family, good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2017, 07:27 AM

5,166 posts, read 4,937,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InchingWest View Post
A large portion of the population adheres to a culture of reckless abandon, short-term decision making, terrible parenting, of fathers abandoning their children, and lack of respect for others or even of common decency.
Aww, come on now. You're going to hurt someone's feelings with the truth!

Old 03-18-2017, 09:25 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,245,302 times
Quote:
A large portion of the population adheres to a culture of reckless abandon, short-term decision making, terrible parenting, of fathers abandoning their children, and lack of respect for others or even of common decency.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
Aww, come on now. You're going to hurt someone's feelings with the truth

Yes. The politically-incorrect practice of melting snowflakes is insensitive and prohibited.

Old 03-19-2017, 01:15 AM

32,919 posts, read 36,316,341 times
I want to know why anything that be fried is called lake trout. Which lake?

Old 03-19-2017, 09:41 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,416,516 times
Quote:
*As a African American Man from Baltimore, I'm not going to run and hide, or play a version of musical chairs with political correctness. I'm gonna call a spade a spade and casper a ghost so you can get it!!! There is truth in your statement, but you need a wider context, with a larger historical and social comprehension on why Baltimore is a f*&^ked up city. Specifically, wanting to blame Blacks for the decline of Baltimore, is totally disingenuous and intellectually dishonest. Don't get it twisted! Blacks, on either side of the socio-political spectrum, should be blamed for their some of their maladjusted and backwards behavior. In addition, many white Baltimoreans (especially, the ones never been outside of their neighborhoods in over 30+, as well as some of the racist white business community), still, to this very day, habour some of the most antiquated, non-thinking and racist/bigoted attitude/behaviors that I feel have been on ultra-detriment to the city's cultural, social and intellectual landscape.

Now, these are just the everyday hokey pokey, provincial Baltimorans. Let me work my way up to these so-called Baltimore's political elites of this town, they are a straight embarrassment to the city of Baltimore.

Quote:
Recent or not, how does President Trump have anything to do with the ills that have been plaguing Baltimore for several decades?

Baltimore's problems are largely self-caused by the people who make of the aggregate of it's citizenry.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:47 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,416,516 times
Some feelings NEED to be hurt!!!

He's telling his own truth of how he sees things, he just needs a wider scope of understanding and context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
Aww, come on now. You're going to hurt someone's feelings with the truth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: