Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 07:33 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,418,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"..Baltimore residents look like "someone has been kicking their dog" as my friend would say. Run down, broken down, depressed, beaten. Young people look hard and old. Tired. Its not that they are "unattractive"-- they just look like they have had very rough lives and it shows on their faces...
"

*Interestingly enough, many Baltimoreans have lived very difficult existences; some external forces and others of their own making. Baltimore is a very old city with very old ways of living. There are many residents who've never left the city and don't know too much about the world they live in. Most won't or don't feel the desire to travel outside of their neighborhoods/communities or experience other cultures, and to me, that is quite sad and unfortunate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
Okay, I am woman. I hold Swedish and American passports. I lived in DC and NYC for years, and have also lived in San Francisco, Boston, Stockholm, Oslo and Copehagen. I have been all over Europe, all over the US.

Baltimore residents look like "someone has been kicking their dog" as my friend would say. Run down, broken down, depressed, beaten. Young people look hard and old. Tired. Its not that they are "unattractive"-- they just look like they have had very rough lives and it shows on their faces.

As a woman, every time I go out in Baltimore, I attract a lot of curious attention. Invariably, if men come up to me, they reveal something about their own (drug/alcohol) consumption habits as sort of an invitation to mate (like, let's go into the bathroom and do some drugs, then go to my place.) This is a huge turn off and does not achieve its desired results. But it does go to show how rampant the drug problem is in this city. And I should mention, this has happened to me at "yuppie" establishments, dive bars and everything in between.

I think the people of Baltimore wear hardship and addiction on their faces in ways that maybe is less prevalent in other cities. Not that hardship and addiction don't exist in other places, its just not as popular.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 08:14 PM

675 posts, read 723,223 times
That must be why I can't get a date. That does it, I' m moving.

Old 05-13-2017, 11:29 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,418,864 times
Quote:
A lot of these posters are in denial!
*What is there to be in "denial" about?!! The local yokel are in straight up denial about how they conduct themselves in appearance and presentation. What's wrong with using toothpaste and bars of soap on your body?!!!

Quote:
You can see see offspring of the original Hampden folk on the fringes, they resemble actors from the early John Waters movies. My dad's family grew up in Fells Point and were of solid German stock. He's still a good looking man in his 90s. Me and my siblings got a bit from both sides so, nothing tragic but no "beautiful people" in my family; those Appachlan genes are stubborn!
*Look man, beauty and being beautiful is considered subjective! It's the eye of the beholder that counts and this beholder doesn't see Baltimore's population aesthetically pleasing to me. Later for all that Hampden "city hillbilly" chronicles and how important it is the the social and cultural landscape of Baltimore City, y'all been running this line for too many years. I'm glad that you find your family beautiful! But, in general, Baltimore is a very unattractive city to me! Vven though things are changing and we are starting to see more of a world presence in Baltimore - I LOVE IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
A lot of these posters are in denial! My parents were both born and raised in Baltimore, as was I. My mother's family was "old Hampden" long before it bacame a trendy hood and they had Appachcian roots. Grandparents had 10 kids in a 3 bedroom row house and not one of those kids could be called attractive ( no offense to the maternal side of my family lol). A lot of these posters are in denial! You can see see offspring of the original Hampden folk on the fringes, they resemble actors from the early John Waters movies. My dad's family grew up in Fells Point and were of solid German stock. He's still a good looking man in his 90s. Me and my siblings got a bit from both sides so, nothing tragic but no "beautiful people" in my family; those Appachlan genes are stubborn! So no, Baltimore is not a town of attractive people, unless you count newer younger transplants. But those old timers have soul and are tough. My aunts could still drink me under the table in their 70s when I was in my 30s.

Old 05-13-2017, 12:28 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,738,232 times
If we are just including the city proper, in my opinion there are indeed some highly attractive 20/30 year old women in and around the gentrified areas. I'd assume for the men it would be about the same. I actually don't take these "ratings" all that seriously to begin with.

Old 05-15-2017, 01:44 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,653,653 times
Default Boredatwork

[quote=Infinite_heights77;48143698]*What is there to be in "denial" about?!! The local yokel are in straight up denial about how they conduct themselves in appearance and presentation. [i][b][color="black"]What's wrong with using toothpaste and bars of soap on your body?!!!

I've also made this statement for years. Alot of women would be very decent if they left the street behavior alone and controlled their appetites. I've seen alot of disheveled women who would be beautiful if they just cleaned themselves up. Its like they want to look like the next female even if it means f#$in themselves up in the process. I see a lot of dudes that look like they never brushed their teeth a day in their life lookin like they been in a headlock for 20 years. Like how do you step out the house with multiple carpet fibers in your head? Its more sad than anything else.

Old 05-17-2017, 03:16 PM

8,230 posts, read 13,345,033 times
Well the thread above this one says that crime is up in Baltimore.. This thread says that we have the least attractive people.. So if I put two and two together.. a few attractive people must have moved into town and that has caused somewhat of a ruckus thus causing violence to increase as knuckleheads compete for their attention fighting and stealing to get money in order to gain their favor..We need to send those attractive people back to DC or NYC where they would be average at best....

Old 05-18-2017, 07:02 PM

420 posts, read 469,303 times
I don't really know why I always viewed Maryland as West Virginia's cousin.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:08 PM

7,001 posts, read 11,298,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethnicappalachian View Post
I don't really know why I always viewed Maryland as West Virginia's cousin.
So, what part of Appalachia are you from?

Old 05-19-2017, 04:54 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,653,653 times
Default boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
So, what part of Appalachia are you from?
Are they not side by side

Old 05-19-2017, 06:56 PM

876 posts, read 812,849 times
This poll isn't even worth a grain of salt. In every city I've lived in there are so many beautiful people walking around. What's amazing to me is the number of women more attractive than any big name actress. They are just doing everyday jobs and don't go around dressed to the 9's except on rare occasion.

What I find extremely appealing is a more natural look, minimal or no makeup, and just comfortable clothes and shoes. In some circles this would be considered frumpy. To me clothes are just functional. Women could save billions of dollars collectively if they just stopped thinking that men care about this stuff.

I have heard that women dress for each other, not for men though.

Last edited by A1eutian; 05-19-2017 at 07:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore