Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 07:06 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,412,427 times

Advertisements

From Sun reporter Justin Fenton:

https://twitter.com/justin_fenton/st...28587027959808
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 08:24 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,086,253 times
It's a scary place to live for sure.
No reason to live there though.

Old 04-28-2017, 05:52 AM

3,248 posts, read 2,454,785 times
Personally I am no fan of Baltimore. I hate that its in MD. I wish we could give it away. I have friends that live there and have tried, over the years, to see what they see in it. But I can't. I know there are "good" and "bad" parts, but Charm City holds no charm whatsoever for me.

So these demographics don't surprise me, sorry to say. I wish that city was suddenly attractive to Google or Uber or some big tech giant and overrun with gentrifiers. Barring that, I am not sure what will help.

Old 04-28-2017, 03:24 PM

449 posts, read 495,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
Personally I am no fan of Baltimore. I hate that its in MD. I wish we could give it away. I have friends that live there and have tried, over the years, to see what they see in it. But I can't. I know there are "good" and "bad" parts, but Charm City holds no charm whatsoever for me.

So these demographics don't surprise me, sorry to say. I wish that city was suddenly attractive to Google or Uber or some big tech giant and overrun with gentrifiers. Barring that, I am not sure what will help.
Big tech companies don't invest in cities with high murder rates and extremely high crime rates. Not to mention all the other terrible things about that city.

I agree with you, I wish we could either move those ghetto people out of Maryland and maybe put them
on an island.

Old 04-28-2017, 03:34 PM

70 posts, read 118,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDude25 View Post
Big tech companies don't invest in cities with high murder rates and extremely high crime rates. Not to mention all the other terrible things about that city.

I agree with you, I wish we could either move those ghetto people out of Maryland and maybe put them
on an island.
Ghetto people? what about OTHER people from other demographic areas that are out committing crimes. it's not just people from struggling neighborhoods that are committing crimes. its not just people from neighborhoods termed as "ghetto". if you're going to say that, how about we deport ALL criminals from any state or any place, and send them to an island.

Old 04-28-2017, 04:26 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,247,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmadness77 View Post
Ghetto people? what about OTHER people from other demographic areas that are out committing crimes.

Oh, you mean the 3% of the thug element?

Yeah, boot them out too.

Old 04-29-2017, 02:57 AM

70 posts, read 118,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Oh, you mean the 3% of the thug element?

Yeah, boot them out too.
What I mean to say is that a criminal is a criminal. Does not matter what kind of neighborhood, race, culture, or whatever he/she comes from. It's not just ghetto people committing crimes. There could be rich people from the wealthier northern suburb area of Baltimore who go out killing people, robbing grocery stores, and selling drugs etc. I mean, no doubt, Baltimore struggles with a high crime rate, but still, I think Baltimore has a lot to offer to Maryland and is a special part of Maryland. I believe even the roughest cities have good qualities to them.

Old 04-29-2017, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmadness77 View Post
What I mean to say is that a criminal is a criminal. Does not matter what kind of neighborhood, race, culture, or whatever he/she comes from. It's not just ghetto people committing crimes. There could be rich people from the wealthier northern suburb area of Baltimore who go out killing people, robbing grocery stores, and selling drugs etc. I mean, no doubt, Baltimore struggles with a high crime rate, but still, I think Baltimore has a lot to offer to Maryland and is a special part of Maryland. I believe even the roughest cities have good qualities to them.

Of course. E.g., multi-millionaire pro football player Aaron Hernandez who had it made murdered people for looking at him wrong. But the posters in this thread are pointing out where the overwhelming majority of violent crimes occur. I don't know why they bother because it ain't any secret.

Old 04-29-2017, 07:30 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,086,253 times
It's been a dangerous city, but getting worse due to the liberal anti-police policies
that corrupt Baltimore politicians now push. There is nothing good about some parts of the city, just plain hard-core areas, you don't ever want to live in.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappjohn View Post
It's been a dangerous city, but getting worse due to the liberal anti-police policies
that corrupt Baltimore politicians now push. There is nothing good about some parts of the city, just plain hard-core areas, you don't ever want to live in.

Not only the corrupt Baltimore pols, but also the Feds under Odumbo, his racist-in-chief Eric Holder, and Loretta Lynch who proclaimed that law enforcement is the problem. They in effect emasculated the cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: