Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2017, 11:30 AM

3 posts, read 2,552 times

Advertisements

Hi. My name is Jenny. I am a retired nurse and looking for a new home in Baltimore. I want to rent a small house in a relatively safe, walkable, urban,neighborhood. I am happily leaving my car behind. Can be comfortably shabby. I lived my life in Hell's. Kitchen, New York, so I am used to city life and love it. Any ideas about suitable working class neighborhoods would be appreciated. Thanks to all who respond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 01:09 PM

3,765 posts, read 4,098,638 times
Check out the neighborhoods of Hampden/Clipper Park/Mill Valley, Roland Park, Canton, Fells Point, and Little Italy/Harbor East. I recommend those neighborhoods because they are relatively safe, walkable and urban. I wouldn't stray too far from them because Baltimore City is not the crime free paradise you think it is. Hell's Kitchen is much, much safer than most neighborhoods in Baltimore.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:51 AM

3 posts, read 2,552 times
Thank you for taking thr time to help me. I lived in Hell's Kitchen in the 80's so it was very much worse at that time. I can up with a few ideas you didnt mention. What do you think about Seton Hill, Butcher's Hill, and Remington? Do the urban areas tend to be on the north or south end of Baltimore? I can't find a map i can read.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:29 PM

1,310 posts, read 1,509,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo05 View Post
Thank you for taking thr time to help me. I lived in Hell's Kitchen in the 80's so it was very much worse at that time. I can up with a few ideas you didnt mention. What do you think about Seton Hill, Butcher's Hill, and Remington? Do the urban areas tend to be on the north or south end of Baltimore? I can't find a map i can read.
Those neighborhoods area all good choices for someone who is willing to take some chances. Where I live is more dangerous than any of them. If you are willing to look on the other side of the edge, you might think about Better Waverly, the outer edge of Highalndtown, Pigtown, or someplace like that. Those areas all have potential.

Old 08-15-2017, 06:24 PM

3,765 posts, read 4,098,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo05 View Post
As mentioned in the above post, those three neighborhoods are less safe and somewhat edgier than the neighborhoods I mentioned in my response above, which is why I did not include them. Of the three, I like Remington very much and think it just may suit you well. You should check it out.

By urban areas, do you mean densely populated neighborhoods with apartments and row houses? You will see neighborhoods like that traveling in every direction from downtown Baltimore. The further out you go in any direction, the less dense the development becomes.

Old 08-17-2017, 01:27 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,960,879 times
Can it be in the county? And if so many places are walkable, and you don't need a car. Just need to be near York RD. If you plan on buying a house it might be a little more expensive, but the taxes will be less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: