Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 01:43 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,082,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlax View Post
At least the Ravens are committed to the protest; they took a knee for 4 quarters of football! Longer than any other team Sunday.
They needed Tim Conway to play QB for this game. Remember his "Dorf on xxx" skits on the Carol Burnett show? I don't think he got into football, but we are so ready for him now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 02:02 PM

6,999 posts, read 11,298,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
Suggs

Bleach, not acid. He didn't throw it on her. He was threatening her with the bottle and when she tried to push it away the cap came off, and some bleach got out and on her.

I don't think that there was any cover-up, but there certainly wasn't a video of it like in Ray Rice's case.

I really don't care what somebody does during the playing of the National Anthem. You can sit down, kneel down, stand up, or stand on your head, I don't care. I know how I feel about the flag, anthem, and country, and that's really all that matters to me.

With one exception.

Could you please leave your political statements, social causes, support for victims of disease and natural disasters, and all other reminders of the ills of the world, OUT of the sporting event that I want to watch without having to be reminded of those things? I promise, I won't forget about them in the 3-1/2 hours that it takes to play the game. I'll think about them, and maybe even try to do something about them, after the game. But for those few hours, can I just relax and watch sports?
This. I remember when comedy was about humour, entertainment was an escape, and sports were about what happened between the stripes.

I am not part of any boycott, but I watch less football than I used to because it is hard to follow the sport without being constantly reminded of how f-ed up our country is right now.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:09 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,082,296 times
Totally lost any remaining respect I might have had for Ray Lewis after seeing this weeks' Inside the NFL. I won't ruin it for anyone, so just try and find it. It airs on Showtime and might pop up on some other networks. Not sure. I won't watch that show any more, even if I manage to watch an NFL game in the future.

Old 09-27-2017, 04:16 AM

777 posts, read 880,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappjohn View Post
No more superbowl parties for me. Wasn't there a Ravens player that beat up his wife and threw acid on her and his child and the NFL tried to cover it up?

Any companies that advertise on the Superbowl or NFL TV I boycott.
If others do likewise, the NFL might learn to be a little more respectful of those that died for this country.
I laugh at people who think we still live in a country.
This is officially an oligarchy and the U.S. flag is made
in China. Bubba Beer Belly passing judgement on some
one who is exercising his rights would not know the
Constitution if it were written on lottery tickets. Face it
it, Bubba, your country got sold and all you did was grow
old.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:56 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,961,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappjohn View Post
No more superbowl parties for me. Wasn't there a Ravens player that beat up his wife and threw acid on her and his child and the NFL tried to cover it up?

Any companies that advertise on the Superbowl or NFL TV I boycott.
If others do likewise, the NFL might learn to be a little more respectful of those that died for this country.
Blowhard right wing crackpot.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:58 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,961,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
I laugh at people who think we still live in a country.
This is officially an oligarchy and the U.S. flag is made
in China. Bubba Beer Belly passing judgement on some
one who is exercising his rights would not know the
Constitution if it were written on lottery tickets. Face it
it, Bubba, your country got sold and all you did was grow
old.

That was funny.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:49 PM

2,991 posts, read 4,287,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
Bubba Beer Belly passing judgement on some one who is exercising his rights would not know the Constitution if it were written on lottery tickets.
Well, Feck, you might want to think about what the Constitution actually says. The first amendment reads "Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech . . ."

This does not mean that anyone, anywhere, any time, can say whatever he wants and expect no consequences. It means that the protestors broke no law passed by Congress. It most assuredly does not protect protestors -- especially on the job -- from the consequences of their actions. Here's an example: a commentator uses the N-word on television, and is immediately fired. He is not protected by the first amendment. An NFL player kneels during the national anthem, and is fired. Same situation, within the bounds of contract law.

From a practical point of view: I think that NFL players are grotesquely overpaid baboons whose primary function in life is to entertain their customers -- ticket holders and TV viewers. They have the right to protest all they want, on their own time, off the job, but not on the job and to the detriment of their employers and customers. They are quite foolish, however, if they expect to escape the consequences of their actions.

To disrespect the country that enables them to play football for tens of millions of dollars simply illustrates their stupidity and ingratitude. Take away: don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Old 09-27-2017, 02:58 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,086,091 times
Quote:
Totally lost any remaining respect I might have had for Ray Lewis after seeing this weeks' Inside the NFL
Ray Lewis was a Raven involved in the murder of a man and yet forgiven for all his involvement. I never forgot it and I believe the family of that murdered man haven't either.

The Ravens are stinky and corrupt inside and out.

Old 09-28-2017, 10:38 AM

777 posts, read 880,709 times
The only baboon I know of is the Twitter-Jockey currently residing
at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in the District of Columbia.

The players, Sunday, got permission, Hamish Forbes, from the team owners
to protest.

As for the white fans, most black people are fine........until they
step out of line.

Old 09-28-2017, 01:11 PM

2,991 posts, read 4,287,600 times
So look on the bright side: Now all of our fuzzy-thinking liberal moonbats will feel obligated to tune in the NFL in order to showcase their superior morality, whereas before most of them wouldn't be caught dead showing any interest in football. Ratings may go up.

OK, I retract my use of the term "baboon" to describe NFL players. In reality, these are highly skilled men. Some can even read.

Last edited by Hamish Forbes; 09-28-2017 at 01:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore