Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 08:30 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,082,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
But that has nothing to do with the claim. The claim was that Baltimore was importing undocumented immigrants to boost population, which is absurd. Baltimore barely has any immigrants to begin with.

Most major U.S. cities are Sanctuary cities. Nothing wrong with that. Sanctuary cities allow crime victims to report crimes without fear of reprisal re. immigration status. A rapist shouldn't roam free because his victim is afraid to approach law enforcement. But again, has zero to do with the conversation.

Wait, so Baltimore doctors are treating people who are speaking languages other than English? The horror!

That could be me, my wife, our parents or our children. How dare the doctors treat us! The patients have committed the unspeakable crime of knowing multiple languages!

Newsflash: I bet you most of the doctors speak other languages too. And many are immigrants!
That's great! Take a bunch of people and move them in illegally from a culture where human life is valued much lower than here, then, since they are not supposed to be working to eat/live, they have to commit crimes. Now, they know, since the victims are free to rat them out, they can just kill them, so they can't identify them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2020, 08:37 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,330,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
That's great! Take a bunch of people and move them in illegally from a culture where human life is valued much lower than here, then, since they are not supposed to be working to eat/live, they have to commit crimes. Now, they know, since the victims are free to rat them out, they can just kill them, so they can't identify them.
I have no idea what any of this means, or how it relates to the thread topic, or how it relates to Sanctuary Cities, or how it relates to the crazy claim that Baltimore, a city of barely any immigrants, is supposedly mass-importing immigrants. Bizarre.

We get it; you hate brown people and have been brainwashed that non-whites are a bunch of crazy sadistic killers coming for your women and children, while taking your jobs (though while curiously not working). Take your nativist rants to a more appropriate thread, please.

Old 03-31-2020, 03:35 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,086,253 times
Sanctuary Cities relates to Baltimore in that illegals don't seem to adhere to the social distancing rules here. Go to any local hospital and you will be waiting in line behind them, because they catch viruses also. They also transmit disease unintentionally because they don't have the same innoculations that US legals normally have. They don't pay federal or state taxes but burden our hospitals and health clinics. Do not pretend they are not a problem.

Old 03-31-2020, 04:47 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,653,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappjohn View Post
Sanctuary Cities relates to Baltimore in that illegals don't seem to adhere to the social distancing rules here. Go to any local hospital and you will be waiting in line behind them, because they catch viruses also. They also transmit disease unintentionally because they don't have the same innoculations that US legals normally have. They don't pay federal or state taxes but burden our hospitals and health clinics. Do not pretend they are not a problem.
................you are.

Old 04-01-2020, 07:47 AM

121 posts, read 97,909 times
As a resident of Greektown, the Mexican and Central American immigrant population is very present. Many of whom are undocumented, some of my personal friends. I have not lived in Baltimore for too long (spent most of my life in Philly) but Southeast Baltimore seems revitalized by the Latino Population, documented or not. Many of the restaurants are amazing and cater to the population, the music and street food as well. This whole idea of undocumented immigrants leaching off the system is incredibly flawed. Most of them work harder than any of us could imagine. For example my old roommate worked 80 hours per week with the hope of reuniting with his wife and young son. Many people from Central America are fleeing violence that makes Baltimore look livable and just want a better life for themselves. I suggest you get to know some people from that part of the world and realize they are working extremely hard just to have a better life for themselves and their family.

The reason there is such a high undocumented population especially from Latin America is it is very hard for them to immigrate legally. We need to have policies that support work permits and a minimum a path to green cards. For those who say that they leach off the system, wouldn't be easier to legitimize them so they can pay taxes and contribute in the same way you do? Instead of having to live in the shadows?

Finally I have lived in Immigrant neighborhoods for most of my life. Immigrants from all over the world Polish neighborhood, Chinese/Korean neighborhoods, Latino neighborhoods. Immigrants open businesses at higher rates than native born citizens and often are very family and education oriented. Most of Southeast Baltimore is stabilizing as a direct result of the Latino population. Yes Canton/Fells Point are great but highly educated people are not moving in to Baltimore at a rate fast enough to contribute to the vibrancy on Eastern Avenue.

Old 04-01-2020, 08:02 AM

1,430 posts, read 1,086,253 times
Quote:
The reason there is such a high undocumented population especially from Latin America is it is very hard for them to immigrate legally.
Also because the democrats in Baltimore have welcomed them in to violate federal laws.
I've seen illegals ignoring social distancing recently in the city, they don't care as long
as they are OK it seems. Many older people in Baltimore have diabetes or other health conditions and these illegals are gonna help spread the virus and folks are gonna die. It's only common sense.

Old 04-01-2020, 03:45 PM

121 posts, read 97,909 times
Quote:
Also because the democrats in Baltimore have welcomed them in to violate federal laws.
I've seen illegals ignoring social distancing recently in the city, they don't care as long
as they are OK it seems. Many older people in Baltimore have diabetes or other health conditions and these illegals are gonna help spread the virus and folks are gonna die. It's only common sense.
Did you ever think that maybe the information hasn't been translated to them or that they are more than likely to be working class so they might not have the luxury of working from home? Also those who are migrating are not looking at politics as much as you think they are. Most major US Cities are sanctuary cities. They come to affordable neighborhoods with access to jobs which Southeast Baltimore fits both of these.

Old 04-02-2020, 08:39 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,653,845 times
Quote:
Seriously you are lacking in.

Old 04-02-2020, 09:09 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,902,091 times
Liberals are desperate to hide the fact that they have destroyed cities so badly that people are fleeing and the population is cratering. So they frantically try to recruit illegals from the third world.
It's called "population replacement" and it's shameful.

See; NYC and Baltimore (among others).

Baltimore: from almost 1 million to less than 600 k.............even WITH recruitment of illegals.

Old 04-02-2020, 09:10 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,902,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish1 View Post
As a resident of Greektown, the Mexican and Central American immigrant population is very present. Many of whom are undocumented, some of my personal friends. I have not lived in Baltimore for too long (spent most of my life in Philly) but Southeast Baltimore seems revitalized by the Latino Population, documented or not. Many of the restaurants are amazing and cater to the population, the music and street food as well. This whole idea of undocumented immigrants leaching off the system is incredibly flawed. Most of them work harder than any of us could imagine. For example my old roommate worked 80 hours per week with the hope of reuniting with his wife and young son. Many people from Central America are fleeing violence that makes Baltimore look livable and just want a better life for themselves. I suggest you get to know some people from that part of the world and realize they are working extremely hard just to have a better life for themselves and their family.

The reason there is such a high undocumented population especially from Latin America is it is very hard for them to immigrate legally. We need to have policies that support work permits and a minimum a path to green cards. For those who say that they leach off the system, wouldn't be easier to legitimize them so they can pay taxes and contribute in the same way you do? Instead of having to live in the shadows?

Finally I have lived in Immigrant neighborhoods for most of my life. Immigrants from all over the world Polish neighborhood, Chinese/Korean neighborhoods, Latino neighborhoods. Immigrants open businesses at higher rates than native born citizens and often are very family and education oriented. Most of Southeast Baltimore is stabilizing as a direct result of the Latino population. Yes Canton/Fells Point are great but highly educated people are not moving in to Baltimore at a rate fast enough to contribute to the vibrancy on Eastern Avenue.
When you say "undocumented" you mean illegals..........right??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore