Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 03:11 AM

21,436 posts, read 12,462,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmernam View Post
If only Baltimore had a black police chief states attorney and mayor then the black man would get a fair shake.
Please never make me, a black person, laugh so hard at something this racist EVER again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2018, 04:24 AM

45,007 posts, read 59,991,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Please never make me, a black person, laugh so hard at something this racist EVER again.
The inside joke on that is that all the named officials are Black. And people still say what you bolded.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:37 AM

8,150 posts, read 13,212,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
nobody wants to live around "rent by the night" residential housing.

True.. but some people may not have a choice. I have seen nice large homes carved up into rooming homes and boarding houses.. The people living next door that are homeowners cannot afford or may not want to sell their homes and relocate... I looked at about a dozen homes in NW Baltimore.. Forest Park, Glen, Gwynn Oaks.. that were beautiful and fully renovated.. but the homes next door to them where what I described above.. so I didn't buy one. The city had to change it zoning ordinance to allow these types of facilities in certain residential districts by right (no public hearing) because they were sued for housing discrimination when people would show up to protest against them when they were proposed.. Now all they need is a building permit and a Certificate of Occupancy/ Property Registration in some residential zoning which means they can move it at will and neighbors in the areas outlined above will have no say.

I suspect that the affordable housing advocates that are advocating for quality homeownership and rental opportunities aren't referring to these types of units in their quest since there are plenty and they are likely substandard...To the City's credit they are now requiring inspections of these types of units which may result in them being improved or shut down completely... so hopefully the enforcement will ramp up ...

Old 06-20-2018, 09:46 AM

45,007 posts, read 59,991,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debold4215 View Post
interesting but i don't see any attempts to repair streets in the city and the county isn't much better.
Some money coming. Likely a match needed, maybe $100K. This is coming from what is commonly called a bond bill, basically bonds issued by the State, which residents across the entire State pay off, for use by Counties and municipalities for various projects.

Baltimore City Awarded $380,000 for Stormwater Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Ok. But the money's there for the City. So go raise Hell with the Council.

The County is a bit different, they didn't quite as good a deal as the municipalities.

Old 07-13-2018, 08:31 PM

390 posts, read 502,366 times
Quote:
Baltimore was given the distinction of the most violent city in the nation per capita. Mayor dixon was stealing food stamps from the poor (and she still got a third of the votes in the recent mayorial election). Baltimore has the sixth highest automobile accident rate nation wide. Baltimore has led the nation for years in teenage pregnancies. Baltimore fathers are absent from 70% of the homes.baltimore has one of the highest substance addiction rates. The police commisioner doesn't have to pay taxes. The states attorneys office claims a 92% conviction rate (the highest in the nation is about 60% both of mosbeys parents were thrown off the police force. She charges police officers for something nearing homicide in the freddy gray case later to be thrown out by the courts. A building was built on behalf of freddie grey, a known drug dealer. Four teenagers from baltimore murder a police officer yesterday baltimore has the worst schools.baltimore has the lowest population in over 100 years. Unemployment is high despite the fact that there are job opening everywhere trash is just thrown in the street like there is no such thing as a trash can. Did i miss anything ?

I blame all of this on the KOREANS. The Koreans are the problem (and not the Dindus).

Old 07-13-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
BALTIMORE HAS A BLACK MAYOR A BLACK POLICE COMMISIONER AND A BLACK STATE'S ATTORNEY. I AM ALL FOR BLACK MEN GETTING A fair shake. what I am against is criminals
well, you've ruined a good joke.

Old 07-14-2018, 07:11 PM

16,357 posts, read 10,372,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSone View Post
I blame all of this on the KOREANS. The Koreans are the problem (and not the Dindus).
You left off the laughing emoji. You ARE joking, right?

Old 07-15-2018, 08:00 PM

777 posts, read 873,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSone View Post
No, I don't blame the Koreans for those problems (but I do blame them for taking advantage of the
situation by price gouging, selling out-of-date food, knives and drug paraphernalia among other things).

Last edited by feck; 07-15-2018 at 08:31 PM..

Old 07-16-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
No, I don't blame the Koreans for those problems (but I do blame them for taking advantage of the
situation by price gouging, selling out-of-date food, knives and drug paraphernalia among other things).
Well that's what happens when the indigenous population burns down their own city every few decades....based mostly on the White Liberals' fed lies.....yet you people get suckered every time....and scaring off all the major corporations from coming back to provide quality consumer goods at competitive prices....so now, all you've got are the Mad Max vultures and scavengers.

And those KOREANS aren't big corporations, buying at the lowest wholesale prices in order to pass down the savings....ie. CVS, etc. Hell, some of them are at MANUFACTURING levels, which the mom & pop Asian stores def. aren't. Who's to blame, oh yeah, anyone but the Blacks. Maybe you can call those high prices as a surcharge for dodging bullets and dealing with nasty people all day long.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY3uxMBgXpA[/url]

Old 08-24-2020, 08:15 PM

16 posts, read 28,298 times
I am against criminals as well. They have been allowed to run rampant and terrorize the very neighborhoods that they grew up in and sometimes even well beyond them. I have spoken to a number of life long Baltimoreans and they'll tell you that at one time us black folks were afraid of racist white people. Now we are afraid of each other. so by all means please tell me how much "Black lives matter" when you see what's on the corners in certain parts of town? These people raise cain when it's white on black crime but remain eerily quiet when a certain subgroup of black folks that revel in being absolutely moronic kill one another or even another innocent black person. It's a real shame indeed.

It's also a shame when I go to certain areas and see bubblegum embedded in the sidewalk, homeless people sleeping at bus stops, drug addicts white and black walking up and down the street or doing "the lean". People with dogs not being courteous to their neighbors by allowing their dogs to bark day and night. Or to poop all over the place even on the sidewalk. Oh yeah, and the streets and sidewalks suck even in "white areas". I was just on my bike and my goodness was that something indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore