Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 08:15 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,960,879 times

Advertisements

Of course they were driving. I cycle by there every day.

(I Remember putting coins on the train tracks when I was a teenager well before the light rail existed. And Bill Krafts wild parties. The Baron's, the Widener's, sorry spelling. The Baron's, and the Widener's were like the Hatfield's, and McCoy's. You think it's wild over there? Ha Ha, oh boy! Texas https://friendsoftexasmaryland.org/2...exas-maryland/)

And for the area in the OP Article (Sorry if somebody posted this already) Anne Arundel County to begin uniformed patrols on light rail trains - Capital Gazette
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 04:36 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Ask the businesses in Cromwell Station, at the southern terminus of the light rail. The Giant recently closed there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger 68 View Post
Cromwell is higher income? Cockeysville, Timonium, yeah, but not Cromwell.
Quote:
Higher than the stops to the north in Baltimore, I am sure. Higher than from where the criminals are coming for sure. It doesn't help that there is a place in that shopping center where people can sell their blood, either.
Quote:
Like Mount Washington? Or even Mount Royal? Really. Hampden (Woodberry stop) has obviously changed quite a bit from when I was a child playing in my Grandmothers front yard 50 years ago.
And there is a methadone clinic right of York Road in Timonium.
Quote:
Try Cherry Hill and just go a little north or south from there. Don't be ridiculous. There are bad areas where a lot of bad people can get on the light rail.
Quote:
It takes over an hour to get from the Cherry Hill Stop to Hunt Valley. That's ridiculous. Have you road the train from Cherry to Timonium? I have road it from Patapsco to Timonium. The police will be on any clown fast out here.

And if they think somebody has tried to pull a caper on the train they are even faster. You are a sitting duck on that train.

And Towson University makes sense. You can ride the bus up from below York And Northern in very little time. Around the Senator is lousy.
You seem to have a problem staying on track with a conversation. I'm talking apples and you are talking oranges.

I was comparing Cromwell Station to areas like Cherry Hill and you jump in and start talking about Light Rail Stops at the opposite end of the line, in response. What is your point?

Old 08-16-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
You seem to have a problem staying on track with a conversation. I'm talking apples and you are talking oranges.

I was comparing Cromwell Station to areas like Cherry Hill and you jump in and start talking about Light Rail Stops at the opposite end of the line, in response. What is your point?
Because you sad to the north.

Higher than the stops to the north in Baltimore, I am sure. Higher than from where the criminals are coming for sure. It doesn't help that there is a place in that shopping center where people can sell their blood, either.

Than you added Cherry Hill later. North is a big area.

I don't think of Cromwell as being much of anything. High income?

Old 08-16-2018, 08:23 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times
Quote:
Because you sad to the north.

Than you added Cherry Hill later. North is a big area.

I don't think of Cromwell as being much of anything. High income?
I give up trying to make sense with you. /ignore

Old 08-26-2018, 01:01 PM

3,765 posts, read 4,098,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
So there’s no actual data or evidence supporting crime increase due to the light rail? Yet residents want the service lessened because they simply think it does...? I guess we really are living in an era where facts and data no longer matter...
Did you check the historical crime stats?

Facts and data have never mattered to the stinking liberal writers at the Guardian either, but they seem to agree that crime has increased. Of course, they put a racial slant on it so they can cause trouble and sell more papers.

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2...&CMP=cityscape

Old 08-27-2018, 10:03 AM

4,675 posts, read 7,397,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
Did you check the historical crime stats?

Facts and data have never mattered to the stinking liberal writers at the Guardian either, but they seem to agree that crime has increased. Of course, they put a racial slant on it so they can cause trouble and sell more papers.

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2...&CMP=cityscape
I mean, in the first few paragraphs of your own linked story:

"But, like many in the neighbourhood, they say the city’s woes have seeped into the area via public transport. Specifically, they believe criminals are coming into the suburbs by light rail. Data does not bear that out, but that hasn’t stopped some residents from campaigning for the service, which started 25 years ago, to be reduced."

A lot of the increase in crime in those communities, according to that story, is linked to increases in heroin and opioid addicts who already live in those communities:

"As the Baltimore Sun said in a recent editorial: 'Drug addicts don’t need to take the light rail to the suburbs. They already live there.'"

Just because crime has increased, it doesn't mean it's linked to the light rail.

Old 08-27-2018, 11:25 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,101,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappjohn View Post
It's sad that these criminals are usually never caught or charged. Thanks to the democrats
crime is here to stay in Maryland! By the way, Towson does have a crime problem although I'm not sure the lightrail is the only reason.

Yes, it is a scientific fact that crime never existed before there was Democrats and crime never occurs when Republicans are in charge.

If you want to be taken seriously, don't make statements that are so patently and provably false.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:14 PM

631 posts, read 561,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan2013 View Post
Exactly! The whole "end the light rail service due to the perception of crime" line of thinking, coming from a bunch of suburban dinosaurs, is backwards at best. Who's to say that these criminals, who may or may not be from Baltimore city, don't drive their own cars? Should Anne Arundel County also close I-95 and I-97 into Baltimore? Maybe they're taking the MARC Camden Line. Should MARC close the commuter rail line that so many depend on? They might even take MTA buses. What about that possibility?

These sophomoric morons who rally against public transportation will be the same ones to complain about traffic volumes on the roads if they're successful.
Go on! Don't hold back! Call everyone you disagree with a name.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:30 PM

3,765 posts, read 4,098,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ner View Post
Go on! Don't hold back! Call everyone you disagree with a name.
That's a trademark of the Baltimore Forum.

Old 08-27-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
I mean, in the first few paragraphs of your own linked story:

"But, like many in the neighbourhood, they say the city’s woes have seeped into the area via public transport. Specifically, they believe criminals are coming into the suburbs by light rail. Data does not bear that out, but that hasn’t stopped some residents from campaigning for the service, which started 25 years ago, to be reduced."

A lot of the increase in crime in those communities, according to that story, is linked to increases in heroin and opioid addicts who already live in those communities:

"As the Baltimore Sun said in a recent editorial: 'Drug addicts don’t need to take the light rail to the suburbs. They already live there.'"

Just because crime has increased, it doesn't mean it's linked to the light rail.
Bingo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: