Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 12:06 PM

439 posts, read 421,192 times

Advertisements

Amazing. Our course this entire situation is unbelievable. Baltimore (and probably MD) is a laughing stock. How Pugh can say she is returning to work...most people would be looking for an escape quietly into the night.

I only hope someone or something happens to change Baltimore. There has to be one decent person who could be mayor. Not Sheila Dixon. My gosh. she has already had issues. Why would be run or be elected again??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2019, 03:22 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,479,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth224 View Post
Amazing. Our course this entire situation is unbelievable. Baltimore (and probably MD) is a laughing stock. How Pugh can say she is returning to work...most people would be looking for an escape quietly into the night.

I only hope someone or something happens to change Baltimore. There has to be one decent person who could be mayor. Not Sheila Dixon. My gosh. she has already had issues. Why would be run or be elected again??
Brandon Scott

Old 04-11-2019, 08:07 AM

8,158 posts, read 13,228,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choccity View Post
Brandon Scott

The so called "super voter" wont have it... They want someone who makes the rounds to churches, lodges, senior centers, and has a few more stripes (paid dues) to support. Scott is likely popular among younger residents and transplants but that is just until another "scott like" candidate emerges and the pie will get sliced thinner.. I think Zeke is planning to run.. so there is a slice coming out right there...

Young is likely a shoe in unless he has his own scandals to atone for... Baltimore is no stranger to scandals... Even Del Oaks got locked up for taking bribes and he is in the state legislature.. Just like with anything else.. this type of stuff doesn't happen in isolation.. There are likely others both on Baltimore and Annapolis that may take a fall if and when Pugh starts to sing to lessen her own time...(assuming she gets any)

Last edited by Woodlands; 04-11-2019 at 09:17 AM..

Old 04-12-2019, 04:55 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,078,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
You are right its not an easy game and there are real tough decisions all around, not to mention the negativity in political campaigns which is why may people will likely good candidates will never run...

To me.. the City needs to continue throw its weight in "tween" neighborhoods while making sure the stable ones stay that way.. "tween" neighborhoods are in between stable and unstable neighborhoods... Here are a few that I can think of.. some already are taking off others need help but are not the most far gone places in the city.

Abell/Barclay
Waverly
Old Goucher
Druid Heights/Madison Park
Mondawmin (area NW of the Mall up towards BCCC and around Druid Hill Park frontage)
Forest Park/ Garwin Oaks/Howard Park/Lake Ashburton/Garrison (Some of the nicest homes in the city are in this area)
Clyburn/Greenspring (especially the areas just across for Woodberry.. the houses immediately across from Woodberry on Druid Park Drive are like $100 less than houses in Woodberry and are practically the same..
Irvington
Parkside/ Belair Edison
Mideast/Oliver/McElderberry Park (Just north of Patterson Park... but a world away)
Northwoods
So half the city lol

Old 04-12-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
So half the city lol
LOL...more like a third... third is the gold coast and other favored quarters.. and a third is what we read about in the news most nights.....the remaining third is.. tween

Old 04-12-2019, 05:05 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,077,876 times
Quote:
There is a lot of illegal voting going on in Maryland. Even if their wasn't, the voters usually vote for a creepy democrat thief over a straight laced or decent candidate.

Old 04-15-2019, 09:24 AM

1,114 posts, read 1,479,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappjohn View Post
There is a lot of illegal voting going on in Maryland. Even if their wasn't, the voters usually vote for a creepy democrat thief over a straight laced or decent candidate.
I did not know that there was illegal voting in Maryland. Need to report that.

Old 04-15-2019, 09:36 AM

17,373 posts, read 6,705,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choccity View Post
I did not know that there was illegal voting in Maryland. Need to report that.
What's the point? Brian Frosh and the Democrat machine won't do anything about it.

Old 04-16-2019, 03:00 PM

And more......This goes beyond just the Mayor into City Council and into the Corporations.. Pay to Play politics corruption outlined here is astounding.. SMH.. Why in the world would the city turn down millions of dollars that could have been reinvested at a minimum in parks (that were impacted by this activity) but into other city services/programs as well? The only thing that would give me pause is that BGE would likely raise everyone's rates to recoup the money.... SMH

https://www.baltimorebrew.com/2019/0...n-leakin-park/

Old 04-16-2019, 07:14 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,077,876 times
[quote]And more......This goes beyond just the Mayor into City Council and into the Corporations..[/quote]
True, the democrat congressmen and senators are on the take in Maryland They steer taxpayer dollars to their friends for kickbacks, instead of spending it on MD public education. They steal from the city kids and we see the results!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore