Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 12:27 PM

8,181 posts, read 13,269,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
An indictment for what? Influence peddling? In order to prove that the prosecution will have to prove a direct connection/offer: "If you buy my books your company will get the contract".

And that's not how these things work. You have an aide mention very casually in conversation that there's a book on healthy living out there that's for sale. No threats, no promises. Just an observation.

Now, the underlying message is clear.

It's the same with lobbyists like Gerard Evans and Bruce Bereano when they buy tickets to a candidate's fund raiser. Nothing at all has to be said and if there is it's going to be real nonspecific, like on the order of " I'll appreciate any help you can give me".

The FBI is probably looking for evidence of kickbacks, which is something entirely different.
Pugh doesn't strike me as the sharpest knife in the drawer.. so your scenario of her straight up asking to buy her books for a contract may not be beyond belief.. She did admit that she had made a "mistake" right before she disappeared.... In the end she just needs to go.. She was not a dynamic mayor anyway and right now her holding on seems like a greater distraction to progress than if she just resigned. Some of the folks working for these other groups are likely in the gym right now benching 250lbs... so they can get up their upper body strength so that they can throw the Mayor and others under the bus...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2019, 12:29 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,080,646 times
The FBI has the mayor and Black Charities dead to rights on multiple charges. The IRS also has them on tax evasion.It appears other corrupt democrats in Baltimore are not supporting her, but they never liked a mayor with some decency. The dems always wanted a more corrupt mayor like Mosby.

Old 04-26-2019, 01:23 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,064,474 times
The UMMS CEO just resigned. Watch for more heads to roll over this.

Old 04-26-2019, 02:42 PM

52,555 posts, read 34,276,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
The UMMS CEO just resigned. Watch for more heads to roll over this.

probably.

Quote:
Robert A. Chrencik resigned Friday as president and CEO of the University of Maryland Medical System, his long tenure at the hospital network ending amid the controversy surrounding accusations of self-dealing and no-bid contracting.
Chrencik had been on paid leave since March 25 from the position, for which he was paid $4.3 million in 2017 in salary and other compensation. He had been CEO since 2008.
https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...425-story.html

Old 04-26-2019, 02:54 PM

My understanding is that the books had obvious spelling and grammar errors.

So I'm not sure why Kaiser Pemanente, Blue Cross Bluse Shield and UMMS thought it was wise for children to read them? These democrats weren't only just stealing money from Baltimore kids but they were peddling a bad product that would harm young minds.

Old 04-26-2019, 03:36 PM

4,672 posts, read 7,372,200 times
^I suppose if you’re going to write a diatribe regarding spelling and grammar, you might want to check your own post for spelling errors?

Old 04-26-2019, 04:05 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,064,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
^I suppose if you’re going to write a diatribe regarding spelling and grammar, you might want to check your own post for spelling errors?
So don't pay him anything. He wasn't asking to be paid for his post. Btw, can you identify what you saw that was wrong?

Old 04-26-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
I won't charge you thousands for my posts, unlike the mayor.

Q:What kind of corrupt company pays big dollars for a children's book that is riddled with obvious grammer and spelling errors?

A: Black Charities, UMMS, Kaiser Permanente and Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield to name a few corrupt ones!

Old 04-26-2019, 08:50 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,946,437 times
^
The're not worth a damn cent anyway.

Q. What kind of person sits on their fat ass all day and posts on CDF. EVERY F*CKING DAY ALL F*CKING DAY

A. Somebody with no life, and even less of a brain, that's who......

Old 04-27-2019, 05:47 AM

4,672 posts, read 7,372,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
So don't pay him anything. He wasn't asking to be paid for his post. Btw, can you identify what you saw that was wrong?
Both of the poster’s posts lambasting Blue Cross “Bluse” Shield and commenting on the purported “granmer” errors of the books and the supposed danger they represent to young children.

Those living in glass houses built on foundations of conspiracies and misinformation riddled with grammar and spelling mistakes who post all day on end including multiple threads about the same topics ought to be careful of casting stones...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore