Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 06:11 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
"Stupid made up ghetto names" is what raised my antennas. Black people from every one of those categories that you've listed has has one of those stupid made up ghetto names.
This is something I never could understand, especially right about now when you hear so many cries about how racism and black unemployment is still a major problem. Give your kids a better chance at a better life than you had, by giving your kid a name that does not immediately identify him as a minority. The hiring manager that might be viewing his or her resume at some time in the future, might have some apprehension to pass along their resume, and it might not be a blatant case of racism. It could just be a subconscious reaction to the name. You might think it couldn’t happen “around here”, but it most assuredly will happen somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 07:38 AM

3,525 posts, read 2,314,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
You need to start evaluating your experiences and what you do that puts you into these situations and start making changes. This says more about you than it does about those places.
The situation is I primarily stay in a big cities and the chances of something happening increase a lot the more frequently when you conduct the same type of activity on a routine basis, regardless of the location. It's up to that person to accept that risk (something I obviously do)

Call it the wrong place at the right or whatever you will. If it's going to happen... it's going to happen and there is nothing me, you or anyone else can do about it. You can be in the most high class, expensive, perceived safe places.. and if someone wants to start something they're going too regardless of how much you try to avoid or run from it.

Last edited by Joakim3; 08-04-2019 at 07:48 AM..

Old 08-04-2019, 08:56 AM

2,991 posts, read 4,286,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joakim3 View Post
T

Call it the wrong place at the right or whatever you will. If it's going to happen... it's going to happen and there is nothing me, you or anyone else can do about it. You can be in the most high class, expensive, perceived safe places.. and if someone wants to start something they're going too regardless of how much you try to avoid or run from it.

I wonder how often those rascals at the Baltimore Country Club's bar have a good brawl.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:08 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,429,361 times
I used to go and stay at nice hotels in the Baltimore waterfront. There are areas of Baltimore I dont want to drive through again

https://www.roadsnacks.net/these-are...neighborhoods/

A shame its so bad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore