Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 09:39 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
Good grief. The fact of the matter is that a Black person is safer anywhere in the deep South than in Chicago or Baltimore, whether at a Trump rally or not.

I bet that you haven't even been to Chicago or Baltimore , I have ( lower socio-economic areas are extremely dangerous) middle-class and upper-class black areas are safe as can be!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2019, 10:53 AM

2,991 posts, read 4,289,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
I bet that you haven't even been to Chicago or Baltimore , I have ( lower socio-economic areas are extremely dangerous) middle-class and upper-class black areas are safe as can be!!!!
You lose, Howest. I am a Baltimore native.

Old 08-01-2019, 11:14 AM

390 posts, read 506,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Wow. Just.......wow.

Let me guess, you're a White guy full of White guilt, aren't you?

Or worse, one of them White Liberals who thinks you own People of Color like we're your pets and must do and think the way you tell us too right?

Old 08-01-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joakim3 View Post
I stand corrected, you are not white. My apologies

Overly sensitive? Here goes the keyboard warrior, screaming and ranting on an internet from his home because he feels people are brainwashed because they don't share his view point *slow claps*

Well you were the homey playing the Race Card w/o any valid arguments, so I'm just calling you out for being brainwashed. No need to cry about it.

Quote:
Google time

Racist - "a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another."

Google time continued

Donald Trump - "So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly......"

Donald Trump - "....it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!"

....3 of those 4 women were born on US soil, to US citizens

Swing for the fences

How were his tweets racist based on your own Google time search of the definition of racist? He's talking about corrupt, S-hole countries and their S-hole ways of running their countries.

So can Black Americans be racists?

Old 08-01-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger 68 View Post
He was reported. He proved my point about the right after I posted on the previous page.

That's all you can do b/c you're a coward.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:47 PM

3,529 posts, read 2,324,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSone View Post
Well you were the homey playing the Race Card w/o any valid arguments, so I'm just calling you out for being brainwashed. No need to cry about it.
Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSone View Post
How were his tweets racist based on your own Google time search of the definition of racist? He's talking about corrupt, S-hole countries and their S-hole ways of running their countries.

So can Black Americans be racists?
Again he directly told them to go back to “their” country, started auto deriding the countries he assumed they came from on the implication that they were not Americans, when 3/4’s were born and grew up on American soil. That by definition is text book prejudice & xenophobia

Obsoletely Black Americans can be racist as can Kenyan, Irish, Brazilians, German, hell throw a dart anywhere on a map and you’d find someone from some background that doesn’t like someone else solely because their ethnics

Old 08-01-2019, 03:17 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,964,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joakim3 View Post
Ok

Again he directly told them to go back to “their” country, started auto deriding the countries he assumed they came from on the implication that they were not Americans, when 3/4’s were born and grew up on American soil. That by definition is text book prejudice & xenophobia

Obsoletely Black Americans can be racist as can Kenyan, Irish, Brazilians, German, hell throw a dart anywhere on a map and you’d find someone from some background that doesn’t like someone else solely because their ethnics
You are engaging this thing?

Old 08-02-2019, 05:31 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
You lose, Howest. I am a Baltimore native.

Not so fast hamish Forbes, are middle-class and upper-class African Americans killing each other left and right?

Old 08-03-2019, 06:15 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,964,660 times
Quote:
Not so fast hamish Forbes, are middle-class and upper-class African Americans killing each other left and right?
This part of Cockeysville is heavily mixed race around Cranbrook Road, Greenside Drive and no, they are not.

People are paying $600,000 for new housing in crappy locations right here!

Old 08-04-2019, 08:36 AM

2,991 posts, read 4,289,465 times
Quote:
As far as I know, the answer to this question is "no," as we would all hope, which has nothing to do with the safety of Blacks at Trump rallies in what you call "the Deep South."

When someone writes about Trump rallies in the Deep South, I infer and assume that the reference is primarily to the behavior of lower-class Whites at such rallies. To me, at least, it's obvious that a Black person would be safer at such a Trump rally than in "Deep Baltimore." Just compare the crime statistics for what I call "Deep Baltimore," and the statistics for crimes against Blacks at Trump rallies anywhere (essentially zero).

Now you don't have to agree with any of this, Howest, but surely you do remember that my response was to your bet:

Quote:
I bet that you haven't even been to . . . Baltimore
You lose this bet! I want a cookie, or something, since I won . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore