Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2019, 10:59 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,866,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
There was a whole list of them already linked in this thread including how the balance of power in those states is polarized towards the conservative party, but my guess is you didn’t bother to read those.
Yes MaintainChaos I did NOT read all of your threads. I have better things to do than wade through page after page of drivel on places like Wikipedia that are mostly BS. And FYI if you haven't noticed the trend the HUGE DIVIDE in this country is between large URBAN areas and lesser populated rural areas. A county by county map of what are considered liberal states like CA, MA, IL and NY have many areas that are mostly conservative. Does't that sum up your argument in about 20 words ????

Thank God the Founding Fathers set us up as a Republic instead of a PURE Democracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2019, 04:05 PM

4,675 posts, read 7,405,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
Yes MaintainChaos I did NOT read all of your threads. I have better things to do than wade through page after page of drivel on places like Wikipedia that are mostly BS. And FYI if you haven't noticed the trend the HUGE DIVIDE in this country is between large URBAN areas and lesser populated rural areas. A county by county map of what are considered liberal states like CA, MA, IL and NY have many areas that are mostly conservative. Does't that sum up your argument in about 20 words ????

Thank God the Founding Fathers set us up as a Republic instead of a PURE Democracy.
Translation: I didn't bother to look at the facts that were presented (even though I *asked for evidence*), and (even when the evidence was presented) the facts don't matter and everything's a conspiracy, and (finally) sparsely-populated counties that make up large land areas count more than, ya know, the majority of people.

America in 2019

Old 11-24-2019, 09:30 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,866,892 times
Quote:
Translation: I didn't bother to look at the facts that were presented (even though I *asked for evidence*), and (even when the evidence was presented) the facts don't matter and everything's a conspiracy, and (finally) sparsely-populated counties that make up large land areas count more than, ya know, the majority of people.

America in 2019
My translation: Here is a fact: Thomas Jefferson or Benjamin Franklin warned about losing the country WHEN a MAJORITY of the population realized they could VOTE to give themselves lots of goodies. Another fact is: Many that live in our urban areas have discovered that they do NOT have to work to eat. Government programs like ADC, WIC, SNAP, etv. And many of these benefits do NOT even require being a citizen. Your moniker "Maintainschaos" indicates to me that that is fine with you. My moniker is "Gunluvver2". I love guns for various reason but one of the main reasons is that law abiding citizens and their guns guarantee the rights pointed out in our Constitution more than any other thing. Evidence for that can be found in every dictatorship of the past two hundred years.

Old 11-25-2019, 04:35 AM

Oh brother...

Old 11-26-2019, 11:33 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Oh brother...
"Oh brother" is what I think about people like you, who are immune to any reason or the reality of what is going on in Baltimore City.

I've lived here for 22 years and paid a ton of taxes. The city has gotten exponentially worse. The so-called "leaders" that you and people like you have foisted on me and everyone else are corrupt fools who don't know the first thing about addressing problems like crime and quality of life issues. Yet, you and your cohorts never miss a beat. In your tiny mind, the problem is people like me, who quietly work hard and pay massive taxes to fund your corrupt politicians and nonsensical political ideas.

The good news for both of us is that I'm finally done with this town and the people, like you, who call the shots here. You can have it. I truly hope you one day learn that people like me...CONSERVATIVE HARD-WORKING TAXPAYERS...are not the problem. I honestly doubt that the fools that live in Baltimore will ever change, much less learn even the basics about what a civil society is all about.

Your condescension and smugness, all while Baltimore burns and gets worse, are driving out the very people you need to improve the situation. You don't get it. I and others are tired that you can't get it. You love the way things are because you are woke and love that the failures in charge are "woke" too. It's pathetic. My only hope is that you one day reap the just deserts of ruining my city. At a minimum, I hope you get to personally pay some portion of the $10K plus in revenue that the city will be losing because I am leaving. You did it, you should pay for it.

Old 11-27-2019, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
"Oh brother" is what I think about people like you, who are immune to any reason or the reality of what is going on in Baltimore City.
Oh brother, indeed. Reason? No. Reason is one of the very few things being used in this thread. Now projections, assumptions of political persuasions when one questions the logic of the argument, accusations of whether one is a ZOMG HARD-WORKING TAXPAYER ZOMG (who cares what stupid part of the political spectrum you are), and ridiculous diatribes from gun-luvvers in Nebraska and those who feel a need to internet evangelize others in an effort to justify their choices in life, those are indeed alive and well here...

Last edited by Maintainschaos; 11-27-2019 at 05:11 AM..

Old 11-27-2019, 05:59 AM

21,631 posts, read 12,766,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post

I've lived here for 22 years and paid a ton of taxes. The city has gotten exponentially worse. The so-called "leaders" that you and people like you have foisted on me and everyone else are corrupt fools who don't know the first thing about addressing problems like crime and quality of life issues. Yet, you and your cohorts never miss a beat. In your tiny mind, the problem is people like me, who quietly work hard and pay massive taxes to fund your corrupt politicians and nonsensical political ideas.

The good news for both of us is that I'm finally done with this town and the people, like you, who call the shots here. You can have it. I truly hope you one day learn that people like me...CONSERVATIVE HARD-WORKING TAXPAYERS...are not the problem. I honestly doubt that the fools that live in Baltimore will ever change, much less learn even the basics about what a civil society is all about.

Your condescension and smugness, all while Baltimore burns and gets worse, are driving out the very people you need to improve the situation. You don't get it. I and others are tired that you can't get it. You love the way things are because you are woke and love that the failures in charge are "woke" too. It's pathetic. My only hope is that you one day reap the just deserts of ruining my city. At a minimum, I hope you get to personally pay some portion of the $10K plus in revenue that the city will be losing because I am leaving. You did it, you should pay for it.
Curious... how is Baltimore worse now than 22 years ago?

Old 11-27-2019, 11:12 AM

2,193 posts, read 2,688,552 times
Quote:
My translation: Here is a fact: Thomas Jefferson or Benjamin Franklin warned
I love how you can't even decide who to fake-attribute your "fact" to, haha.

Old 11-27-2019, 08:55 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,964,660 times
Quote:
Oh brother, indeed. Reason? No. Reason is one of the very few things being used in this thread. Now projections, assumptions of political persuasions when one questions the logic of the argument, accusations of whether one is a ZOMG HARD-WORKING TAXPAYER ZOMG (who cares what stupid part of the political spectrum you are), and ridiculous diatribes from gun-luvvers in Nebraska and those who feel a need to internet evangelize others in an effort to justify their choices in life, those are indeed alive and well here...
Man, you keep up the good fight. The people you keep debating are totally ignorable.
Sometimes I have to deal with these people in person, and hit them back with their bullsh*t, but ONLY IF I HAVE TO.
The one clown in this thread is on my ignore list. Why would you even debate that a**hole?

I have not been on this site in a few days and it's the complete turd it's always been.

The weather sub forum might be the best sub forum on the site.

Old 11-30-2019, 01:45 AM

14 posts, read 9,268 times
Quote:
Maybe there is a COMMON thread in many of the areas around the country that suffer with high Homicide rates. I wonder what those commonalities could be? Your guesses. I will post my later.
I’m guessing race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore