Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2020, 03:07 PM

2,192 posts, read 2,686,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I don't open links from unknown sites, but I can imagine the childishness of what's behind the link based on the text Perhaps try better with your "joke" and actually try to add value to what is a serious conversation
You must not have read OP's comment if you think this is a serious conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2020, 04:33 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,086,741 times
Quote:
You must not have read OP's comment if you think this is a serious conversation.[LEFT]

He did and he knows the crime is serious in Baltimore. Just because the crooks running
for mayor are more concerned about other meaningless issues, doesn't mean killings
are not a serious problem in Baltimore.

[/LEFT]

Old 01-14-2020, 10:13 AM

17,616 posts, read 6,903,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bufflove View Post
https://tenor.com/view/joke-missed-o...ad-gif-8604199

Edit: but obviously he - and all other leaders involved - share some amount of responsibility for the crime spike that's occurred during his admin. The exaggeration is rooted in truth.
Yet you just singled Hogan out. Laughable. Voters like you are far too common in this failed state and the truth is that crime will never improve here. I don't blame the politicians so much as folks like you. The problem is the nutty left wing nutbag electorate.

Old 01-14-2020, 10:16 AM

2,192 posts, read 2,686,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Yet you just singled Hogan out. Laughable. Voters like you are far too common in this failed state and the truth is that crime will never improve here. I don't blame the politicians so much as folks like you. The problem is the nutty left wing nutbag electorate.
Voters like me...who voted for Hogan...are the problem? If you say so.

Old 01-15-2020, 10:49 PM

3,526 posts, read 2,320,333 times
Quote:
Voters like me...who voted for Hogan...are the problem? If you say so.
This entire thread is just a political circle jerk

I wouldn't even give it any more attention than its got.

Old 01-16-2020, 01:33 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,220,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
How in the flipping hell is Larry Hogan responsible? Larry Hogan is one man in a state dominated by leftist Democrats. Democrats in the legislature (with their veto proof majorities) control state policy, not Governor Hogan
That’s how Democrats roll. Blaming others for their failures. If the governor was also a Democrat, then you can bet they would find the next non-Democrat to blame like Trump for instance.

They’re also good at calling others racists, sexists, etc. That’s how they manage to stay in power. By using rhetoric to get the easily manipulated people to keep voting them in. Oh and them controlling the mainstream media helps too.

Old 01-16-2020, 06:12 AM

1,110 posts, read 896,081 times
I have something to say about this situation, although I am not black, nor a Baltimore resident, not am I poor now, but I love Baltimore. Bottom line up front is this: nothing will change in Baltimore until the dysfunctional social situation is improved, and until the Police (actually, all police everywhere) are given training in other solutions (and perhaps non-lethal weapons) than shooting people. I often wonder why the police can't use guns that shoot drugs that paralyze or impair people temporarity). However, as long as the populace is armed, the police need to defend themselves accordingly.

The poor in Baltimore distrust the police (perhaps for good reason) and likely do not offer respectful attitudes when confronted, which further compounds the situation. Crime is rampant in these areas because of a lack of opportunity or vision to escape the situation of extreme poverty, and because of criminal elements who offer bad examples. One way to change this is to provide opportunities for young children to learn society's norms, to see that there is another way to live, and that there are paths to this other life. Regarding the police in Baltimore, I cannot blame them, since they are in a no-win situation. As an example, if they are called in on a domestic situation and there is a gun involved, there is not likely a good outcome. The current mistrust on both sides is a cause for concern, but the police cannot diffuse it alone.

The problems in Baltimore are not confined to race, it concerns social class and history as well. Black people from the Caribbean and Africa who immigrate to the US are some of the most hardworking and industrious members of our society. As an example, General Colin Powell's people were immigrants from the Caribbean. The big difference with these people is that they were not raised in crime -infested dysfunctional neighborhoods. They came to the US not for handouts, but to work to have a better life. Other U.S. African American families have produced stellar examples of Generals, Astronauts, Academics, Athletes and so on.

The history part of the equation is related to slavery. Although it ended over a hundred years ago, the effects can still be felt as evidenced by the generations of dependency on welfare in some families and residual Jim Crow attitudes towards blacks in general. It is insulting to lump all black people as being criminal, loud, etc; when only a segment are like this. Not all black people want to "get over on whitey" and live on welfare (What kind of life is this?), aand hate the "po-po". The vast majority just want to have a job and a family, and live peacefully, like everyone else.

What is the answer? Ideally, the slums would be renovated (if not broken up), the poor offered work, and the populace is provided with a template for living in a society with more opportunities. This requires an effort on the part of all to succeed.

Old 01-16-2020, 07:13 AM

2,029 posts, read 2,359,806 times
Quote:
I love how you can't even decide who to fake-attribute your "fact" to, haha.
You know, one of those guys with the wigs way back when...........I love these guys who are too lazy or afraid to check facts or actually watch the news because everything is a conspiracy or all the news is fake.
I do feel for Baltimore, and the problems associated with its crime are complex.

Old 01-16-2020, 10:15 AM

123 posts, read 203,553 times
Gov. Hogan was on C4's Show on WBAL for about 20 mins.. Hogans' problem is pumping more $$$$ into Baltimore with no results regarding crime & education etc.. He was not happy with the lack of results on crime from the Mayor & Police Commissioner . He concluded by saying military (Martial Law) on the streets of Baltimore was not the solution.

Old 01-16-2020, 07:18 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,086,741 times
Quote:
pumping more $$$$ into Baltimore with no results regarding crime & education

It's a useless, dumb democrat policy that has never worked in Baltimore.
Dumb policies by a dumb party(DNC) yield bad results!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore