Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2020, 06:44 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times

Advertisements

Well if we're on to the unproven allegation level of things...
my vote is for un-permitted and un-inspected "improvements" to the home that blew up...
and likely the other ones being referenced as well.

That neither BGE or the City or a declining popularity of Corned Beef nearby played any part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2020, 11:04 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,652,281 times
Default Boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I started it for a couple reasons. You have an unexplained explosion but what are people talking about? Food scene differences between Virginia and Maryland.

You have one jurisdiction that can't get its **** together in dealing with the pandemic (Broadwater Mansion party) and what is talked about? Which hamburger joint in College Park is better.

The reports that the outgoing Baltimore City Comptroller is shredding records related to a federal corruption investigation is met with yawns.

Then there's the guy who's upset that Carroll County isn't more diverse after he moved there.
The fact there was a faulty gas leak in city with a failing infrastructure, or methlab exploded in a drug filled city or politicians burning documents in a corrupt city, what is the rest of Maryland supposed to be doing? All we can do is pray for the families and watch whatever bogus news comes out of Baltimore.

Old 08-13-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
The fact there was a faulty gas leak ...
Is there some sort of gas leak that ISN'T 'faulty' ??

Boreatwork... you're a bore here as well.

Old 08-13-2020, 11:58 AM

45,330 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
The fact there was a faulty gas leak in city with a failing infrastructure, or methlab exploded in a drug filled city or politicians burning documents in a corrupt city, what is the rest of Maryland supposed to be doing? All we can do is pray for the families and watch whatever bogus news comes out of Baltimore.
What can we do? We can argue over whether Bowie feels like a mix of Prince George's and Annapolis.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/wash...feel-like-mix-
pg.html

What's "bogus" about government officials burning documents?

If the explosion had been Dundalk (keeping on mind that I like Dundalk) my first guess would have been a meth lab.

Old 08-13-2020, 02:05 PM

3,765 posts, read 4,098,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person
First reports were Reisterstown, that's what I went by.
But it doesn't matter, what's the food vibe like in that neighborhood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
That used to be corned beef and chopped liver central (Jewish Deli's).
Did a google map thing and saw "Mom's Biscuits" not sure what it means.
The food vibe in that neighborhood right now is Eastern European. Lots of immigrants from that part of the world live nearby and further out in the NW suburbs. Within walking distance, there are at least two delis serving fresh, ready to eat Russian food and packaged and canned foods from Eastern Europe. Both have fresh breads from bakeries in Brooklyn.

International Foods Market, in the Colonial Village shopping center, bakes their own bread using Russian recipes. In addition to a selection of European chocolates, they even have packaged ice cream sandwiches and cones made in Eastern Europe.

Just a few feet north of Reisterstown Road Plaza and on the same side of Reisterstown Road there used to be a man operating a stand serving delicious skewers of chicken cooked Eastern European style. This food, known as shashlik or shashlyk, is common in southern Russia and Ukraine. I believe he used the cooking facilities of the adjacent catering hall. I miss his food as I haven't seen him this year, probably because of the pandemic.

Old 08-13-2020, 02:28 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,253,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post

What can we do? We can argue over whether Bowie feels like a mix of Prince George's and Annapolis.

Or perhaps debate the relative merits of Old Bay vs J.O. vs Wye River.

Old 08-13-2020, 02:42 PM

45,330 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Can you find Wye River? I prefer that over Old Bay but can't find it here. My guess is that it's not sophisticated enough for the palates of our rural pioneers.

Old 08-13-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
Or perhaps debate the relative merits of Old Bay vs J.O. vs Wye River.
That's no debate.

Only tourists use Old Bay

Old 08-14-2020, 08:00 AM

5,327 posts, read 6,012,751 times
That corridor has a lot of "diverse" restaurants. For years, my prePandemic weekly routine was to meet my best friend for lunch and we'd try out the newest restaurants in Pikesville that were highly recommended by others in the community. That said, you could serve me a grilled hotdog (Hebrew National, of course) smothered in ketchup, mustard and onions and I'm a happy camper. I'm just not into food.

Old 08-14-2020, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
That said, you could serve me a grilled hotdog (Hebrew National, of course) ...
Okay. Well meet someday and do that. My treat!

The foundation of that grilled HN hotdog (with grilled HN balogna too please!) is the bun.
The benchmark being the "corn bun" made at Parisers Bakery across from the Plaza.
Grocery store stuff just can't get the job done.

https://www.parisersbakery.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore