U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2020, 07:26 AM

9,929 posts, read 7,279,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Start list some proven factual information you have on him so we can judge it for ourselves rather than have to believe your gut feelings.
I'm done with you as well. I am not going to do research for you. Turn off Fox News as they are not keeping you informed. They are close to being state run and as a whole nothing more than propaganda for Trump.

Going by what you wrote Trump doesn't lie to the American people despite the fact there are over 20,000 fact checked documented lies and misleading information Trump has spewed to the public. I have a way different opinion that he is doing an amazing job especially regarding the pandemic. I live in reality and know he's a hateful and lazy buffoon who I hope is voted out of office. I don't want someone as president who admires dictators and writes love letters and expresses love and admiration for to brutal dictators like Kim Jong-un and takes the word coming from a thug like Vladimir Putin over his own country's intelligence.

This is no "gut feeling." I live in reality on what a horrible president Trump has been. You made the decision and it is your right to stay ignorant and be a member of his cult by believing his multiple conspiracy theories and are on board with atrocities such as gassing and roughing up mostly peaceful protesters. Despite what Fox has apparently brainwashed you and many others into thinking the protests are mostly peaceful and I support the rights of American citizens to speak up when something is wrong.

Carry on...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2020, 09:36 AM

7,785 posts, read 5,017,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
I'm done with you as well. I am not going to do research for you. Turn off Fox News as they are not keeping you informed. They are close to being state run and as a whole nothing more than propaganda for Trump.

Going by what you wrote Trump doesn't lie to the American people despite the fact there are over 20,000 fact checked documented lies and misleading information Trump has spewed to the public. I have a way different opinion that he is doing an amazing job especially regarding the pandemic. I live in reality and know he's a hateful and lazy buffoon who I hope is voted out of office. I don't want someone as president who admires dictators and writes love letters and expresses love and admiration for to brutal dictators like Kim Jong-un and takes the word coming from a thug like Vladimir Putin over his own country's intelligence.

This is no "gut feeling." I live in reality on what a horrible president Trump has been. You made the decision and it is your right to stay ignorant and be a member of his cult by believing his multiple conspiracy theories and are on board with atrocities such as gassing and roughing up mostly peaceful protesters. Despite what Fox has apparently brainwashed you and many others into thinking the protests are mostly peaceful and I support the rights of American citizens to speak up when something is wrong.

Carry on...
A lot said, but still no provable facts.

Old 09-22-2020, 03:58 AM

6,922 posts, read 10,494,449 times
Just saw Klaciks new campaign video....seems like she is running for Mayor ( she mentions picking up the trash...something that is squarely on the city and not something I want my congressperson to be remotely involved in ). Being in Congress is a delicate balancing act ...You have to serve your district but you also have to serve your country..So you align yourself with your congressional colleagues to push for national policies that benefit your district by working with leaders with similar issues to create those policies trade taxes public safety, infrastructure education, small business development etc and little things like national security ....It's still squarely up to the states cities and towns to implement them.

Klacik would be more effective as a Mayor and working directly with the current (Trump) Administration and GOP in Congress to push policies that benefit areas like west Baltimore as most states and cities across the country have their own " west Baltimore" in one form or another . Simply restating the problems we all know and stating DEMs have been in charge is just stating the obvious...If I didn't know she was a republican ...her ad would be just like any other a politician has given about west Baltimore over the years ...which is what the DEMs have done ...how is she any different

Last edited by Woodlands; 09-22-2020 at 04:12 AM..

Old 09-24-2020, 08:17 PM

311 posts, read 131,300 times
Well for starters there are at least 11 pages of discussion prompted by her positions; I did a search for similar via Mfume ... nada

Wish her well and success; there is no way things can do anything but get better with her in and “the same ol” of the last 3 decades OUT! Another win by Mfume and you get what you’ve already got.

Old 09-24-2020, 08:48 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,990,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakefront16 View Post
Well for starters there are at least 11 pages of discussion prompted by her positions; I did a search for similar via Mfume ... nada

Wish her well and success; there is no way things can do anything but get better with her in and “the same ol” of the last 3 decades OUT! Another win by Mfume and you get what you’ve already got.
I think recent history has shown "who cares, it can't get worse!" is a very, very poor voting strategy.

Old 10-12-2020, 06:23 PM

Saw Klacik on Fox 45 and the anchor asked her point blank.. why is she talking about trash and vacant buildings shouldn't that be for Mayor or City Council not a member of Congress. She stated that the Mayor, City Council and City Leaders are corrupt and have "stolen" Billions of federal dollars and cant e trusted to do the right thing.

So I guess her plan is to make sure that those federal dollars are spent appropriately.. That is all well and good and Congress certainly appropriates the money to Federal Agencies who then dole it out to states and local governments.. so it will still be up to them to spend it. Their inspector generals, auditors and the FBI would be responsible for monitoring and taking actions if there is any misappropriation or theft. So, it still begs the question on why she just doesn't run for a city office, get it and then invite greater scrutiny of the city's books policies and practices.. All that GOP money certainly would make her competitive in a Mayoral race and would Karate Kid.. wax on wax off Danielson..... anyone in a city council seat....

Old 10-12-2020, 07:59 PM

5,642 posts, read 8,997,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Saw Klacik on Fox 45 and the anchor asked her point blank.. why is she talking about trash and vacant buildings shouldn't that be for Mayor or City Council not a member of Congress. She stated that the Mayor, City Council and City Leaders are corrupt and have "stolen" Billions of federal dollars and cant e trusted to do the right thing.

So I guess her plan is to make sure that those federal dollars are spent appropriately.. That is all well and good and Congress certainly appropriates the money to Federal Agencies who then dole it out to states and local governments.. so it will still be up to them to spend it. Their inspector generals, auditors and the FBI would be responsible for monitoring and taking actions if there is any misappropriation or theft. So, it still begs the question on why she just doesn't run for a city office, get it and then invite greater scrutiny of the city's books policies and practices.. All that GOP money certainly would make her competitive in a Mayoral race and would Karate Kid.. wax on wax off Danielson..... anyone in a city council seat....
Klacik entered this race knowing she would lose. But running for a House seat gets you national attention in the way running for a municipal office does not. She is setting herself up for Act II. Maybe that is running for another elected office, maybe it isn't.

Old 10-13-2020, 06:58 AM

7,785 posts, read 5,017,376 times
I saw a Klacik sign while driving through a Glen Burnie neighborhood the other day. She is getting a lot of recognition outside her district.

Old 10-13-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I saw a Klacik sign while driving through a Glen Burnie neighborhood the other day. She is getting a lot of recognition outside her district.
which makes be believe what it may be what westside said.. Maybe she is setting herself up.. raising money and recognition for some other seat...maybe on a GOP gubernatorial ticket as a possible LT Gov? That may be her best bet to get some broader notoriety..Most LT are not well known.. If she is campaigning this hard in the Center of the State to boost her name. I wonder if people in Central MD/ Baltimore City would defect and support her just because they are mad at the status quo in their areas. Now will she actually back up her campaign statements with actual policies and take things to the next level? That will remain to be seen. The GOP often writes off Baltimore City but if you are the party of law and order/low crime and lower taxes.. those two issues alone should resonate with most Baltimoreans. lol. Again.. I am not saying the GOP could "carry" Baltimore City.. but in a Gubernatorial election its about numbers.. so any gains would positive for them in a close race

Last edited by Woodlands; 10-13-2020 at 08:33 AM..

Old 10-13-2020, 11:52 AM

5,642 posts, read 8,997,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
which makes be believe what it may be what westside said.. Maybe she is setting herself up.. raising money and recognition for some other seat...maybe on a GOP gubernatorial ticket as a possible LT Gov? That may be her best bet to get some broader notoriety..Most LT are not well known.. If she is campaigning this hard in the Center of the State to boost her name. I wonder if people in Central MD/ Baltimore City would defect and support her just because they are mad at the status quo in their areas. Now will she actually back up her campaign statements with actual policies and take things to the next level? That will remain to be seen. The GOP often writes off Baltimore City but if you are the party of law and order/low crime and lower taxes.. those two issues alone should resonate with most Baltimoreans. lol. Again.. I am not saying the GOP could "carry" Baltimore City.. but in a Gubernatorial election its about numbers.. so any gains would positive for them in a close race
Why not go whole hog and run for governor herself?

I think she is part of the "new wave" of GOP candidates who will emerge in the next 2-4 years. The party is going to move left and pitch itself as the better manager of the existing welfare state in all but the most ruby red states. Candidates will run on pointing out and promising to fix corruption, but otherwise not threatening the exiting benefits system and go much softer on traditional social conservative issues.

Win or lose this cycle, the GOP is going to have to have a demographic/geographic realignment. The two party system isn't going to go away, and history shows that voters tire of having one party with complete power for long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore