U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2020, 03:32 PM

6,922 posts, read 10,494,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
Why not go whole hog and run for governor herself?

I think she is part of the "new wave" of GOP candidates who will emerge in the next 2-4 years. The party is going to move left and pitch itself as the better manager of the existing welfare state in all but the most ruby red states. Candidates will run on pointing out and promising to fix corruption, but otherwise not threatening the exiting benefits system and go much softer on traditional social conservative issues.

Win or lose this cycle, the GOP is going to have to have a demographic/geographic realignment. The two party system isn't going to go away, and history shows that voters tire of having one party with complete power for long.
I wonder what is next for her? If she sails off in to the sunset and disappears then we know what kind of politico she may have been. If she continues to raise awareness and remains active...then maybe the voters will give her a second look two or even four years from now... I guess the ball is in her court.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2020, 01:05 PM

849 posts, read 293,408 times
Oops! She didn't file her financials.......so sorry.....

Klacik Didn’t File Required Financial Disclosure | Seventh State

Old 12-15-2020, 01:56 PM

36,663 posts, read 47,436,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
Oops! She didn't file her financials.......so sorry.....

Klacik Didn’t File Required Financial Disclosure | Seventh State
Not a big deal. File a late amended report, maybe pay a small penalty.

Those financials are a thorough pain in the ass to do.

Old 12-15-2020, 04:12 PM

5,642 posts, read 8,997,150 times
Oh yeah, I've already lost interest. We will see where she pops back up again.

Meh, plenty of politicans screw up the financials and their careers keep on truckin'

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/0...nce-violations

Old 12-17-2020, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Oh yeah, I've already lost interest. We will see where she pops back up again.

Meh, plenty of politicans screw up the financials and their careers keep on truckin'

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/0...nce-violations
Yeah.. I am sure inquiry minds want know who contributed to her campaign.... that will likely be the next story.

I also want to see what she does next... If she goes on Fox News or some other news channel as a talking head then I would wonder if she was really trying to obtain any real change on the ground but I guess we shall see. She could still use that as an opportunity to continue to raise her profile. Scott ran for Lt Gov and settled for Mayor.. so she could very well pursue a down ballot seat.. though I suspect she may pursue GOV if she can get through the primary.

Old 01-15-2021, 09:30 AM

Default Gop 2.0

I think back to he spirited conversations we used to have on this Board in the run up to this election which now seem like a lifetime ago given what has recently happened in DC. Many swore up and down there was no need for a GOP 2.0 but that is a quote that I am now hearing from many in the GOP supporters. It will be interesting to see if this occurs what form it comes in and what it looks..who emerges as the new leaders like in MD and the nation.

Old Yesterday, 04:23 AM

31,437 posts, read 70,197,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Many swore up and down there was no need for a GOP 2.0
It will be interesting to see if this occurs what form it comes in
and what it looks..who emerges as the new leaders like in MD and the nation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaPo
Her campaign is an example of how some consulting firms are profiting handsomely from Republican candidates
The more viral the candidate goes, the more money the companies make. ..
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...358_story.html

Old Yesterday, 11:47 AM

5,642 posts, read 8,997,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Interesting. It reminds me of the old record studio model. The company makes nearly all the money on your first contract, so you better hope to have more than one hit.

Old Today, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Interesting. It reminds me of the old record studio model. The company makes nearly all the money on your first contract, so you better hope to have more than one hit.
Yeah.. all those "behind the music" documentaries tell the same type of stories whether it was Motown or some hip hop group.. They become a hit and people rush to get them a contract then take most of it and end up even charging their client various fees from recording studio time, housing, perks in the VIP in clubs etc all under the notion they are building their brand.. Then they are forced into the studio to record more songs to pay for said services which they are now indebted. If they walk or try to go to another label they can be sued or the other label wont touch them because of fear of being dragged into some breach of contract suit and eventually the artist becomes a one hit wonder and sail off into the dustbin of history..

As the article notes.. I think a lot of money is being made of the backs of small donors... and right now it may be GOP supporters who seemed to be getting fleeced. Meanwhile unlike the recording artist.... the political candidate like Klacik get jobs or contracts with Fox, Newsmax or CNN and use their failed candidacy to continue to make money if they dont run again.... The term political career has taking on a new meaning...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore