U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 11:12 PM

8,981 posts, read 5,067,109 times

Advertisements

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2020/...psA6op9BPDYpL0

It's a real shame. I loved that store.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2020, 06:58 AM

1,230 posts, read 1,550,202 times
Me too. Great selection, great location. It's a shame that fantastic venue will be relocated to another generic box store.

Old 08-26-2020, 09:04 AM

2,343 posts, read 1,124,182 times
Just like music shops the only places that are going to make it are small independents.

That's a neat building, been in there a few times over the years. Been by the building a bazillion times.

I use to go in RATT in Towson, score amazing records, (2007-2011) then go up the Barnes and Noble and read Record Collector's mag. All long gone. (I had been going in Traders for decades before they were in their last location, and before they had other locations, that 4 year run was when it was at it's best!)

Another place that I liked and when they closed I got some good deals was Bibelot.

Old 08-31-2020, 12:56 AM

1,579 posts, read 2,229,312 times
I loved sipping coffee from the second floor balcony where Starbucks was located. I also enjoyed the mini-aquarium they had as well.

Old 08-31-2020, 06:58 AM

1,507 posts, read 630,703 times
It will be interesting to see what replaces it in the future.

Old 08-31-2020, 07:13 AM

6,883 posts, read 10,438,532 times
I haven't been in there in awhile but I wonder if it is large enough to have several small businesses rather than just one major tenant? To me or reminds me of Reading Terminal in Philly and you wonder if you could recreate that atmosphere in there ...I know that is ideally what would happen in the inner harbor pavilions or at lex mkt ..but maybe a half dozen or so artisans in that space would complement the aquarium nicely ?

Old 09-01-2020, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
I loved sipping coffee from the second floor balcony where Starbucks was located. I also enjoyed the mini-aquarium they had as well.
I would drink tea, and smoke a pipe (Tobacco) 20 years ago in the chilly weather months.

That's a good location with a lot of possibilities.

Old 09-02-2020, 05:21 PM

2,346 posts, read 1,682,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
I haven't been in there in awhile but I wonder if it is large enough to have several small businesses rather than just one major tenant? To me or reminds me of Reading Terminal in Philly and you wonder if you could recreate that atmosphere in there ...I know that is ideally what would happen in the inner harbor pavilions or at lex mkt ..but maybe a half dozen or so artisans in that space would complement the aquarium nicely ?
I think it would Woodlands. But with the conditions of covid-19, I am not sure what people are thinking these days. Its such a shame the Barnes and Noble is leaving the harbor. Without knowing the reasons why they're are leaving, I suspect the revenue wasn't enough. The couple times I went to the store, there was always a large amount of homeless people hanging out in the cafe area or any chair that was available. I remember one time the stench was so terrible, that I had to leave the floor. Not the best conditions for a business.

The building gives me Under Armor vibes, but I doubt UA will pursue the building. Leaving it vacant will be a disaster for the harbor.

Old 09-03-2020, 07:47 AM

Under Armour has a store in Harbor East. Why would they want to be around the Harbor.......

The building will get used, but a lot of it could stay vacant for some time.

Who will want to invest in it? Anybody from the Baltimore Metro? Probably not.

Old 10-13-2020, 10:38 AM

6,883 posts, read 10,438,532 times
I was down at the Inner Harbor last week and had a chance to walk around the water before grabbing some lunch at Chick Fila... I can say was slightly depressed at the number of vacancies in the waterfront Pavilions. Most of the people there were either joggers, pedestrians in transit, or homeless. I moved here 16 years ago and can see the stark contract between then and now.. I am sure folks that have lived here longer have likely seen even greater changes. I hope they can come up with a plan to change the place.. Again its a nice location/site but other than the waterfront views and open space.. there is no reason to go down there.. Everything seems to be shifting over to Harbor East/Fells Pt. There you have way more pedestrian activity and "synergy" than over at IH. There are numerous reasons I think that has happened mostly thanks to the City leaders the other being geography.. Its easier to control movement in and out of peninsulas and points than a straight waterfronts that have not control points and are surround by and include mixed uses of residential and retail to keep them active throughout most times of the day and night. IH just doesnt have that and is mostly a office/commercial area.... but the areas definitely have a stark contrast with each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore