U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 01:43 PM

5,720 posts, read 5,906,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Egads, just did a google drive by of the 400 block of E. Baltimore St and the "Two O'Clock Club" is still there. I saw Blaze Starr there 50 years ago! From google maps I see a bunch of "clubs" there, just like the old days. I cannot find the old Tik Tok Club, no doubt long gone. These places were nothing more than bordellos and the irony is they are just a few steps from Baltimore police HQs.

By its proximity to PDHQ, and the fact that the business owners didn't want potential customers to be kept away by fear of being robbed, The Block itself was actually one of the safest places in the city. More than a block or two away in any direction could be a bit spooky, although I never had any trouble on my visits there.

Did you see Blaze perform, or was that in her post-performance, club-owner days (nights)? I wish I had bought some jewelry from her when she had a store at that mall in Westminster.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 02:48 PM

23,014 posts, read 42,140,195 times
I saw her perform a time or two. Always a tasteful burlesque routine, not the yucky nude stuff seen elsewhere.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 09-24-2020, 03:15 PM

5 posts, read 2,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Baltimore is more of a bar city as KodeBlue stated.

There are hip hop nightclubs along Balltimore btut theyre bummy and rundown. Very inner city.

Medusa, Club Downtown, Select Lounge are the three main one. Club Euphoria is Reggaeton and far in the SE corner of the city. Places like IVilla Hookah Lounge on Park Street are downright code violations (but i had a decet time).

Baltimores club scene is one of the weakest Ive ever seen-easily. Bar scenes is greta and there are some Raves as well.

Theres nothing like DC here.

For a black city i thought the same thign as you but no- Baltimore nightlife is much much more like my hometown than DC's
Never been to a rave but curious to see what they’re about. Wish the Marc ran late at night that would make going out in dc without a car way easier.

Old 09-24-2020, 04:20 PM

264 posts, read 94,996 times
Before Covid, the Power Plant area is where I would go for live music.

Baltimore Soundstage is there and I've seen many shows there (Ice Nine Kills, Bouncing Souls, Bad Wolves/From Ashes to New, Summer Slaughter)

Rams Head Live is also there and I've also seen a few shows there as well (Frank Turner, The Amity Affliction, Against Me!)

Pier Six is also close by and I've only been there twice (Rise Against and Frank Turner). However, it is outdoors and only open during the summer.

The Power Plant District also has plenty of bars and restaurants and also has a children's museum called Port Discovery.

Old 09-27-2020, 03:38 AM

9,899 posts, read 7,241,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_alem View Post
Never been to a rave but curious to see what they’re about. Wish the Marc ran late at night that would make going out in dc without a car way easier.
Check Amtrak or Greyhound. The bus station moved recently to the upper level of Union Station. A little more expensive for both compared to MARC but the option is there.

Old 10-04-2020, 07:46 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,125,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey the Otter View Post
Before Covid, the Power Plant area is where I would go for live music.

Baltimore Soundstage is there and I've seen many shows there (Ice Nine Kills, Bouncing Souls, Bad Wolves/From Ashes to New, Summer Slaughter)

Rams Head Live is also there and I've also seen a few shows there as well (Frank Turner, The Amity Affliction, Against Me!)

Pier Six is also close by and I've only been there twice (Rise Against and Frank Turner). However, it is outdoors and only open during the summer.

The Power Plant District also has plenty of bars and restaurants and also has a children's museum called Port Discovery.
This place was, and sometimes still can be great. I have seen Jethro Tull, B.B. King, and Miles Davis decades before Harbor East.
A few years ago I caught CSN, with a screen up so us cheapskates couldn't see them sitting along the hotel. Years before this is how you saw bands before Harbor East. From the parking lot. And the bands never cared.

I didn't see him but I remember Roger Waters playing Pier Six like 20 years ago, and as he left some lucky fans getting autographs.

And they can still be open in September......

Last edited by Digger 68; 10-04-2020 at 09:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: