U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-18-2020, 08:26 PM
 
5 posts, read 2,540 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Hey all, long time lurker and soon-to-be resident of Baltimore moving from NOVA. This is my first post on this city data.

I been to Baltimore only a couple of times but haven’t really experienced the nightlife at all (obviously now that would be impossible due to COVID) but I’m pretty familiar with the nightlife options in DC. i usually go out to U st because that’s the vibe I like (diverse crowd, gay bars, hip hop/r&b, lots of people out on the streets. Occasionally I’ll go to DuPont circle but rarely to Adams Morgan cause the vibe is not really what I like.

Anyways in bmore I been to fells point but only to eat not really to party. On this forum I’ve gotten the impression that fells and fed hill both have more of a yuppie vibe (maybe similar to Clarendon in Arlington, VA, and most of the places I saw in fells seemed to be mostly white, rock n roll/country type places, but again my exposure was very limited so I probably missed out on a lot of places.

I guess my question is are there any nightlife areas in bmore that have a similar vibe to U st in DC? For a mostly black city I guess I expected a more mixed crowd in fells point given that it’s the top place to go out. Also I didn’t see a lot of places for dancing, but again I pretty much only saw the strip of bars right on the water in fells point.

Once I actually move to bmore I’ll be excited to do some more exploring. It’s a fascinating city to me. Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-19-2020, 02:44 AM
 
Location: BMORE!
8,730 posts, read 7,190,446 times
Reputation: 4353
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_alem View Post
Hey all, long time lurker and soon-to-be resident of Baltimore moving from NOVA. This is my first post on this city data.

I been to Baltimore only a couple of times but haven’t really experienced the nightlife at all (obviously now that would be impossible due to COVID) but I’m pretty familiar with the nightlife options in DC. i usually go out to U st because that’s the vibe I like (diverse crowd, gay bars, hip hop/r&b, lots of people out on the streets. Occasionally I’ll go to DuPont circle but rarely to Adams Morgan cause the vibe is not really what I like.

Anyways in bmore I been to fells point but only to eat not really to party. On this forum I’ve gotten the impression that fells and fed hill both have more of a yuppie vibe (maybe similar to Clarendon in Arlington, VA, and most of the places I saw in fells seemed to be mostly white, rock n roll/country type places, but again my exposure was very limited so I probably missed out on a lot of places.

I guess my question is are there any nightlife areas in bmore that have a similar vibe to U st in DC? For a mostly black city I guess I expected a more mixed crowd in fells point given that it’s the top place to go out. Also I didn’t see a lot of places for dancing, but again I pretty much only saw the strip of bars right on the water in fells point.

Once I actually move to bmore I’ll be excited to do some more exploring. It’s a fascinating city to me. Thanks!
Baltimore is more of a dive bar city than a dance/club city. Fells Point is a diverse crowd, however, I think Federal Hill as a younger more energetic crowd. There aren't many hip-hop clubs in Baltimore, and the ones that we do have are scattered around; not in one particular spot. The areas with "nightlife" include: Fells Point, Fed Hill, Canton, Hampden, Powerplant, Gay spots in Mount Vernon, thought I'm not well versed in particular demographic. Also, I think some of the clubs have been shut do to violating COVID-19 restrictions.

Don't expect DC in Baltimore, but Baltimore has decent nightlife. Different city, different crowds.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2020, 08:51 AM
 
Location: Baltimore, MD
9,896 posts, read 7,240,148 times
Reputation: 47456
It's kind of pointless to ask at this time. I don't expect Covid-19 to subside to a point when large crowds can gather until well into next year. And if Trump wins coronavirus is not going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

Any nightlife is going to have to be rebuilt. Already many businesses have closed up.

Welcome to Baltimore. What is stated above is the harsh reality. I wish it wasn't this way.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2020, 11:51 AM
 
5 posts, read 2,540 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
It's kind of pointless to ask at this time. I don't expect Covid-19 to subside to a point when large crowds can gather until well into next year. And if Trump wins coronavirus is not going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

Any nightlife is going to have to be rebuilt. Already many businesses have closed up.

Welcome to Baltimore. What is stated above is the harsh reality. I wish it wasn't this way.
Yeah, definitely won't be partying anytime soon unfortunately, but I wanna be prepared for when we can

I feel like if anyplace could be an equivalent to a U st in Baltimore it would be Pennsylvania Ave, but that would probably take many years of gentrification before that would happen.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2020, 11:54 AM
 
5 posts, read 2,540 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
Baltimore is more of a dive bar city than a dance/club city. Fells Point is a diverse crowd, however, I think Federal Hill as a younger more energetic crowd. There aren't many hip-hop clubs in Baltimore, and the ones that we do have are scattered around; not in one particular spot. The areas with "nightlife" include: Fells Point, Fed Hill, Canton, Hampden, Powerplant, Gay spots in Mount Vernon, thought I'm not well versed in particular demographic. Also, I think some of the clubs have been shut do to violating COVID-19 restrictions.

Don't expect DC in Baltimore, but Baltimore has decent nightlife. Different city, different crowds.
Yeah I know I shouldn't expect DC nightlife. Still trying to figure out the vibe in Bmore...guess that can't really happen till i'm actually there lol. With regards to gay spots I was sad to see that Grand Central just closed down. I was looking forward to checking out that place...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2020, 05:00 AM
 
6,883 posts, read 10,438,532 times
Reputation: 2031
I would agree with Kode Blue ..but add in The Block...it's not for everyone for sure but it's a *district*. Best night club ( really a bar but they used to ..pre COVID I have been to in the city is Bygone on top of the Four Seasons...Atleast that where I would take a date or a visitor to the city of you are looking for a dc vibe ..Most of Harbor East has that feel
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2020, 07:22 AM
 
5,720 posts, read 5,905,007 times
Reputation: 10720
I really miss the Marble Bar.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-22-2020, 02:39 PM
 
Location: Baltimore, MD
9,896 posts, read 7,240,148 times
Reputation: 47456
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
I really miss the Marble Bar.
So do I!!!

What a great nightclub that was. I went 3 times and never had a bad time.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2020, 12:57 PM
 
Location: Baltimore
10,065 posts, read 3,949,921 times
Reputation: 5592
Baltimore is more of a bar city as KodeBlue stated.

There are hip hop nightclubs along Balltimore btut theyre bummy and rundown. Very inner city.

Medusa, Club Downtown, Select Lounge are the three main one. Club Euphoria is Reggaeton and far in the SE corner of the city. Places like IVilla Hookah Lounge on Park Street are downright code violations (but i had a decet time).

Baltimores club scene is one of the weakest Ive ever seen-easily. Bar scenes is greta and there are some Raves as well.

Theres nothing like DC here.

For a black city i thought the same thign as you but no- Baltimore nightlife is much much more like my hometown than DC's
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2020, 01:24 PM
 
23,009 posts, read 42,134,302 times
Reputation: 23417
Egads, just did a google drive by of the 400 block of E. Baltimore St and the "Two O'Clock Club" is still there. I saw Blaze Starr there 50 years ago! From google maps I see a bunch of "clubs" there, just like the old days. I cannot find the old Tik Tok Club, no doubt long gone. These places were nothing more than bordellos and the irony is they are just a few steps from Baltimore police HQs.
__________________
- Please follow our TOS.
- Any Questions about City-Data? See the FAQ list.
- Want some detailed instructions on using the site? See The Guide for plain english explanation.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 09-24-2020 at 02:46 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top