U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2020, 10:05 AM

2 posts, read 598 times

Advertisements

We will be relocating to the area in March. Hubby will be working at BWI and we would like a place that is an hour or less commute for him. We will be looking for a rental home that allows pets, three bedrooms or two bedrooms with bonus area for my office. On a recent trip, we stopped off and visited Catonsville and loved it. Friends who live in the area have told us it would be a good fit for us, as would Ellicot City and Columbia.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2020, 11:41 AM

31,372 posts, read 69,765,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat74 View Post
We will be relocating to the area in March. Hubby will be working at BWI and ...
BWI has great train service; commuter and light rail.

Quote:
...we stopped off and visited Catonsville and loved it.
Friends who live in the area have told us it would be a good fit for us...
Then you're done. You can almost walk to BWI from C'ville. MAP LINK

Old 11-04-2020, 12:08 PM

404 posts, read 266,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat74 View Post
We will be relocating to the area in March. Hubby will be working at BWI and we would like a place that is an hour or less commute for him. We will be looking for a rental home that allows pets, three bedrooms or two bedrooms with bonus area for my office. On a recent trip, we stopped off and visited Catonsville and loved it. Friends who live in the area have told us it would be a good fit for us, as would Ellicot City and Columbia.
Catonsville has some great older homes in an area off of Rolling Road (Oak Forest) and there are newer ones as well. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3.../36255041_zpid

Just stay west of 695. You might want to include your rental budget.

Old 11-04-2020, 03:44 PM

23,009 posts, read 42,134,302 times
Wildkat, I made your posting into a new thread with a new title.

I graduated from Catonsville HS in 1966 and know the Catonsville, Columbia, Ellicott City and nearby areas well and all are fine.

For rentals try www.realtor.com as they have valid listings. Beware of craigslist as there are a lot of scams on that site.
I found very little for rent in Catonsville, mostly apartments.
I found a few rentals in Columbia, MD that might work, see if this search works for you.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-04-2020, 08:04 PM

2 posts, read 598 times
Thanks for the responses and the added info to help narrow down areas. I would love to be able to walk to the main street of Catonsville. They seem to have a lot of community activities and a church of our denomination is there. Hubby keeps saying $2500 a month is our limit for rent. Older homes are great, as long as they are well kept. I would like a fenced yard for the pup. I don't think we need more than 2000 square feet, either 3 bedrooms or two bedrooms with a place for my office. I'm just ssooooo ready to get back to the states again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore