U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2021, 10:06 AM

921 posts, read 573,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger 68 View Post
There might be folks playing paddy cake around, and in Paterson park during the day, especially on the weekend, but I wouldn't live down there.

The OP has an apartment for her daughter in Little Italy and that makes more sense to me now.

Regardless of what any of us told her she had her mind made up like so many do on here. It's like they want affirmation of their own choice, not other, possibly better options.
What amuses me is people think there are CHEAP places to live in cities like Baltimore. Cities, and most large metros are not cheap! Nor have they been for decades!
Really? I got the feeling the area was quite safe to be honest, and I was around there at dusk on a Saturday. Besides, neighborhoods are so close by here, the east side of the park might as well be in Canton and the south side is so close to Upper Fells...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2021, 12:35 PM

6,884 posts, read 10,440,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBtoFL View Post
That is my biggest issue with the downtown areas, including Mount Vernon and Bolton Hill. Compared to center city Philadelphia there are far fewer people around at any given time. It's not too bad when you are in the heart of Fells or Federal or Canton, but just a few blocks away the atmosphere does suddenly get much quieter, making those nighttime walks home a bit less secure.

I was looking at houses both in Otterbein and Towson at the same time and drove through downtown and Mount Vernon on sunny Saturday/Sunday afternoons from one open house to another and it surprised me how empty Mount Vernon and downtown felt when they should be busier. Even the York Road corridor alongside Rodgers Forge and Stoneleigh had far more people walking around to the stores than Mount Vernon!

It's a real shame. Downtown Baltimore could be quite special. Perhaps it will be someday.
Yeah most downtown neighborhoods are a stone throw from more challenging areas. A few blocks north of Paterson Park..maybe around Fayette Street things change dramatically. Same for Bolton Hill once you hit North Ave or Druid Hill Ave. So that connectivity makes it easy for people to move in and out of theses area to get to or through these areas to others...I think Bolton Hill and Mt Vernon are more precariously position since there isnt much reason to be walking around in the evenings as there are less places to go (more so in Bolton) and as Mt. Vernon purges bars from its environs. Bolton Hill is close to Pennsy Ave.. which has a range of challenges though it should be the Beale St of Baltimore given its rich music and cultural history .

Old 01-20-2021, 02:03 PM

2,343 posts, read 1,124,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsport View Post
Really? I got the feeling the area was quite safe to be honest, and I was around there at dusk on a Saturday. Besides, neighborhoods are so close by here, the east side of the park might as well be in Canton and the south side is so close to Upper Fells...
In the Winter. Try late Spring, and early Summer.......at night
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore