U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2021, 07:36 AM

162 posts, read 279,476 times

Advertisements

You'll be looking at Glen Burnie or Pasadena at that price. The commute will be fairly split & you'll get some semblance of surburbia while still feeling in the Baltimore area. Annapolis can't compete with Baltimore; unfortunately Baltimore won't compete with Philly either, but there you have it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2021, 11:51 AM

133 posts, read 116,137 times
As others suggested, you might want to consider renting first to get a feel for things before locking yourself in with a purchase. Also, you housing budget is pretty tight for the current market. Some of the neighborhoods you could afford are not likely to be places you will want to live long-term. That said, I would err to being closer to Annapolis. Very nice town, quite a bit to do, lovely scenery. I would pick downtown Annapolis over downtown Baltimore. Except on the weekends, it is not that hard to get in and out of Annapolis. Annapolis has very limited street parking, but does have a public garage, though it can fill up on the weekends.

Old 02-20-2021, 04:54 PM

4 posts, read 774 times
Hard to give advice to this young couple since they don't seem to be on the same wavelength.

Old 02-20-2021, 08:10 PM

4,101 posts, read 5,746,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diver110 View Post
Annapolis has very limited street parking, but does have a public garage, though it can fill up on the weekends.
Actually downtown Annapolis has 3 public parking garages, the last time I checked.

Old 02-22-2021, 10:43 AM

4 posts, read 774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane3 View Post
Actually downtown Annapolis has 3 public parking garages, the last time I checked.
Is it normal for Annapolis residents to have to rely on public parking garages?

Old 03-03-2021, 02:18 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,701,170 times
At 350k budget, I think Mt. Washington would be the a good bang for your buck. It's a bit far from Annapolis but easy access to 695.

Old 04-04-2021, 08:33 AM

7 posts, read 14,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
At 350k budget, I think Mt. Washington would be the a good bang for your buck. It's a bit far from Annapolis but easy access to 695.
Agreed.

Old 04-05-2021, 08:59 AM

419 posts, read 164,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurd300403 View Post
Agreed.
Not that OP will be coming back to this thread, but Mount Washington is only ideal if you really want to live in Baltimore City without being downtown, and you also really want to live in Mount Washington. It's far from Annapolis that even several times a week would be a pain in the neck. I wouldn't say Mount Washington is handy to 695 either.

OP and his wife are most likely going to end up in a townhouse in AA County. Which makes perfect sense from a logistics perspective.

Old 04-07-2021, 03:13 PM

6,983 posts, read 10,559,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBtoFL View Post
Not that OP will be coming back to this thread, but Mount Washington is only ideal if you really want to live in Baltimore City without being downtown, and you also really want to live in Mount Washington. It's far from Annapolis that even several times a week would be a pain in the neck. I wouldn't say Mount Washington is handy to 695 either.

OP and his wife are most likely going to end up in a townhouse in AA County. Which makes perfect sense from a logistics perspective.
Speaking of Mt. Washington.. I was out on the Jones Falls Bike Trail and road it up from Woodberry to Mt. Washington. Its probably the nicest bike trail in the City and connects Mt. Washington with Downtown. Even in Woodberry that is a development on Coldspring Lane that provides a nice nexus between the wild and wooded areas of Mt. Washington/Coldspring Newtown and the more urban Woodberry/Hamden/Remington and Station North.. If the Woodberry Development on Coldspring gets fully built out ( a second building is being proposed) it already has come ground floor retail (though currently vacant) It could provide a nice node along an already descent route.

I know we are not a bike centric city per se.. But I could see some dedicated souls commuting from Mt. Wash and points in between to downtown via bike...

Old Yesterday, 08:00 AM

419 posts, read 164,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Speaking of Mt. Washington.. I was out on the Jones Falls Bike Trail and road it up from Woodberry to Mt. Washington. Its probably the nicest bike trail in the City and connects Mt. Washington with Downtown. Even in Woodberry that is a development on Coldspring Lane that provides a nice nexus between the wild and wooded areas of Mt. Washington/Coldspring Newtown and the more urban Woodberry/Hamden/Remington and Station North.. If the Woodberry Development on Coldspring gets fully built out ( a second building is being proposed) it already has come ground floor retail (though currently vacant) It could provide a nice node along an already descent route.

I know we are not a bike centric city per se.. But I could see some dedicated souls commuting from Mt. Wash and points in between to downtown via bike...
In other words, you need to "really want to live in Mount Washington" to justify it when one partner works in Annapolis.

If they "really wanted to live in Baltimore City" and wanted a more pastoral environment than an urban neighborhood, somewhere like Ten Hills would be much more convenient for an Annapolis commuter (and is also handier for 695).

But I suspect OP doesn't "really want to live in Baltimore City" and like most transplants to the region he and his wife will end up in one of the suburbs convenient to their works, which in their case is northern AA county or even Howard County in the Elkridge area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore