U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2021, 06:49 AM

6,987 posts, read 10,591,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBtoFL View Post
In other words, you need to "really want to live in Mount Washington" to justify it when one partner works in Annapolis.

If they "really wanted to live in Baltimore City" and wanted a more pastoral environment than an urban neighborhood, somewhere like Ten Hills would be much more convenient for an Annapolis commuter (and is also handier for 695).

But I suspect OP doesn't "really want to live in Baltimore City" and like most transplants to the region he and his wife will end up in one of the suburbs convenient to their works, which in their case is northern AA county or even Howard County in the Elkridge area.

True indeed
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 03:43 PM

1 posts
Some incorrect info about Annapolis here. I'm a resident and though I love it, I'm looking to sell my condo in a somewhat rougher part of the city (yes, we do have those here too, and it's all relative) and move to Baltimore because I want to buy a house and Baltimore is likely one of the few places I can do that. My budget is $300K or preferably less, and yes, there seems to be a decent inventory even in the well-known areas of Federal Hill, Canton etc.. I'm looking for safer areas. I've heard that lots of people who work in DC, live in BMore and take the train. So an idea if you ever change jobs, since DC is where the jobs are. In Annapolis, you are most likely going to be on the edges, or in areas not actually in the city (even if the mailing address is Annapolis), or you will be in a condo, which at best gets old after a while-at worst can be a nightmare.... Good luck..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore