Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2008, 08:03 AM

41 posts, read 182,747 times

Advertisements

Me and my husband are looking for a good church to go in baltimore. We live in the city and it seems like there are 10 churches for every liquor store (I joke with hubby that if someone just came through on a sunday they would think baltimore is the most religious city in the world) Anyways....we've tried a few....it hasn't gone well. So I am kind of hoping someone has some suggestions.

Our faith generally aligns with baptist beliefs, we would like to go to a church that has a lot of younger married couples like us (but it's not THAT important) and a strong emphasis on discipleship. Other than that we'll try anything (ugggh don't remind me)

Anyone know of a good young growing church around here??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 08:17 AM

3 posts, read 15,033 times
I wouldn't mind knowing of a Roman Catholic Church somewhere away from the slums, where the younger people go... ?

Old 07-16-2008, 08:27 AM

866 posts, read 2,627,241 times
Default Roman Catholic Churches

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam709 View Post
I wouldn't mind knowing of a Roman Catholic Church somewhere away from the slums, where the younger people go... ?
Adam, I'm not sure where in the city you live, but here are a few suggestions. Holy Cross on E. West Street in Federal Hill has a lot of young adults. They have a Sunday evening Mass geared towards young adults. Its sister parishes of St. Mary Star of the Sea and Church of the Good Counsel are also nice. Also try St. Casimirs in Fells Point/Canton, I believe they also have a large young adult population.

St. Matthews in Northeast Baltimore I hear is good, too. I believe it's off Loch Raven Boulevard.

Finally, the Loyola College chapel is beautiful. Masses are at 11am on Sundays, and also at 6pm and 8pm during the academic year.

Good luck!

Old 08-22-2012, 05:49 PM

1 posts, read 4,004 times
Default Find a young growing church?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
Me and my husband are looking for a good church to go in baltimore. We live in the city and it seems like there are 10 churches for every liquor store (I joke with hubby that if someone just came through on a sunday they would think baltimore is the most religious city in the world) Anyways....we've tried a few....it hasn't gone well. So I am kind of hoping someone has some suggestions.

Our faith generally aligns with baptist beliefs, we would like to go to a church that has a lot of younger married couples like us (but it's not THAT important) and a strong emphasis on discipleship. Other than that we'll try anything (ugggh don't remind me)

Anyone know of a good young growing church around here??

Hello,

I was just wondering if you were lucky enough to find what you were looking for in the way of a church. I had the same preferences as you did, and just arrived in Baltimore.

I would love to hear any suggestions you have for a multicultural church with a relatively younger adult crowd, or good diversity in age.

Thanks!

Old 03-26-2014, 11:20 AM

1 posts, read 2,784 times
Helo everyone MY name is John and I see the replys I,m just looking for a good nice congregation of people too be around. I haven,t been too church in a long time but I hope too check out Aleast 3 of these places from now and throughout the summer.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,537 times
I attend St. Vincent de Paul just east of the inner harbor. It's a beautiful congregation.

Things you need to know.

It's pretty liberal
There's mostly older folks, but a growing younger contingent
Very hippy-ish
A number of homeless people attend
We're a very "Vatican 2" parish

Old 08-27-2014, 01:34 PM

5 posts, read 6,787 times
What part of town are you looking in? There are lots of great churches in town. Abbott Church is a reformed Presbyterian Church on Bank St. 125 yrs old, but a wide mix of ages, from babies to people in their 80's. They have families with multiple generations attending, as well as newcomers. Their web site is a bit out of date.

Abbott Memorial Presbyterian Church

Lovely Lane Methodist church is nice, and is located in Old Goucher, on St Paul St. between Charles Village and Station North. Not many kids though. A small congregation with a diverse mix of very nice members and a lovely pastor. It's the "Mother" church of all Methodist churches in the US.

http://www.lovelylane.net/
https://www.facebook.com/lovelylanec...ref=ts&fref=ts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: