Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 12:28 AM

382 posts, read 1,053,628 times

Advertisements

Isn't it great! In most places, you can spin the perspective around too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 03:47 AM

26 posts, read 70,313 times
This post made me smile. Really, no one went after anyone's political views or comments on poiticians. No mean talk about neighborhoods falling apart. You just helped a guy and his girl friend out. Nice work people.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:42 PM

13 posts, read 29,809 times
sirbeaubeau, I was thinking the same thing. You guys rock.

Old 08-16-2009, 03:22 PM

Default following up

Just wanted to follow up and say thanks again for the help.

Looking back, the move was absolutely insane. I was out here doing some contract work and had only a few hours to find an apartment (note: without the wife). We ended up at the Lakes in Cockeysville because they were the only place that would give us a 3 month lease. Everyone else that I called that week would only do a 6 month contract.

We never really unpacked at the apartment since we saw it as temporary. It was nice and quiet though which helped with the relocating stress. My wife landed a great job at Loyola in the winter, and we started looking for a place to settle down.

Over the months we checked out Mt Washington, Hampden, Federal Hill, Fells Point, and stumbled into Canton while exploring around the city. We both fell in love with Canton and after a long search bought a house 2 months ago. Just a few things we love about the area so far:
  • Being able to walk to Safeway
  • Salt - I haven't found better food in the city than this
  • Matthew's Pizza
  • great bars like Max's Tavern, Annabelle Lee's
  • Five Guys - better than In N Out!
  • Patterson Park
  • Camden Yards
  • drinking and movies at the Landmark Theater
  • Fell's Point is a 15 minute walk
  • the reverse commute is great
  • friendly neighbors

Old 08-17-2009, 06:09 AM

866 posts, read 2,627,582 times
I'm so glad it worked out for you! For the city amenities you were looking for, neighborhoods like Canton sound like a perfect fit. Always nice to see when the forums prove to be helpful to someone.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:27 AM

8 posts, read 19,098 times
I'd be happy too if I had a three month contract. That's about how long before he'll want out. Perfect.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebawlmer View Post
I'd be happy too if I had a three month contract. That's about how long before he'll want out. Perfect.
Settle down, freebie. At least read the post before trolling!

Here's the summary: House purchased. Enjoying it.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:17 AM

805 posts, read 2,114,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_cue View Post
Settle down, freebie. At least read the post before trolling!

Here's the summary: House purchased. Enjoying it.
too funny

get a life troll!

Old 08-18-2009, 05:37 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,526,362 times
don't rule out Towson. There are plenty of affordable apartments and the main stretch of York Road in Towson has plenty of shops, restaurants, Recher theatre and other venues and, you are still close to Timonium. Hunt Valley (Wegmans) is only a few minutes away. Mt. Washington is fine but, the weekday commute to Timonium can be a drag.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:07 AM

805 posts, read 2,114,714 times
Don't forget about what happened to the college student

Police Make Arrest In Towson Rape - wjz.com (http://wjz.com/local/rape.towson.university.2.839242.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore