Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2008, 09:54 PM

716 posts, read 2,805,988 times

Advertisements

My wife and I will be going to Baltimore in about a week. Mainly based on a John Hopkins appointment. We decided not to rent a car since it seems like parking is as expensive as rental car rates. (even at hotels!)

The hotel has a free shuttle to the inner harbor.

Everyone says ride the Duck.

What do you all recommend? We tend to like local hole in the wall places vs major tourist traps. I am curious if your soft shell crabs are anything like our west coast dungeness. Any crab shacks??

We'll have about 2-3 free evenings and a Sat morning free.

Any suggestions?? Is it super hot and humid there this time a year?

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 09:22 AM

866 posts, read 2,617,321 times
From the inner harbor, you can easily walk to some great local restaurants and pubs in the neighborhoods of Fells Point and Federal Hill.

It usually is super hot and humid this time of year, but it hasn't been too bad at all lately.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:42 AM

68 posts, read 270,522 times
Default Little Italy.

There's some nice little Italian restaurants in Little Italy, just east of the Inner Harbor. It's in walking distance from there if you'd like to walk 10 or so blocks. A lot of them are family owned.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:03 AM

382 posts, read 1,048,584 times
The Inner Harbor is a good sidewalk to walk to other places. I would recommend going to Federal Hill and checking out/eating at the Cross Street Market for lunch (one of many markets in the city- very unique). If your ambitious, you can continue going south (walk or taxi) to Fort McHenry- where F.S.K. wrote the "Star-Spangled Banner".

For breakfast try Cafe Hon in Hampden neighborhood;
dinner at Berthas (crabs/mussels) in Fells Point neighborhood.

The best thing about Baltimore is the eating and drinking, to me, not walking around the harbor.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:56 PM

689 posts, read 3,205,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann_Arbor View Post
The best thing about Baltimore is the eating and drinking, to me, not walking around the harbor.
I agree. The harbor is a five-minute snooze-fest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore