Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2008, 12:49 PM

52 posts, read 253,649 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me anything about the waterloo apartment homes. Located on N calvert street. Is it ran by good management, safe, priced fairly considering the area? I am looking for a 1 br in Mt vernon with good parking.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 01:03 PM

10 posts, read 38,793 times
I live in Waterloo and LOVE it!! It is fun, convenient and well positioned in the city. I find that management is good and parking is easy and friendly in the garage. Waterloo definitely helped take the ease off of my move from FLorida.

Old 08-17-2008, 02:49 PM

52 posts, read 253,649 times
okay i read some disturbing things about them on apartment rater. like the water bill is not properly charged. apartments dont appear as the model appliances outdated?!? how long have you lived there?

Old 08-17-2008, 04:29 PM

10 posts, read 38,793 times
The apartment rating website is crap. You have to come and see them for yourself. I visited 8 complexes and picked waterloo because it felt residential, had great parking and Mt. Vernon is so nice! SOme of the others feel like hotels, and even more are just scary for a female alone in the city. I have been here since May and haven't had any problems with billing. Lets face it no place is perfect but it all comes down to what you are looking for in a place and your priorities and where you are willing to sacrifice and where you aren't.

Park Charles has the worst garage ever in history- 222 n. charles st. I know because I have to park there for my job downtown, It is under construction and has been for a while so your car is filthy and it is hard to breathe there although the grocery store is right outside.
Let me know if you have any other specific questions. People here helped me out a great deal.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:13 PM

757 posts, read 2,553,457 times
I'd take any rating site, whether it's for apartments, restaurants, professors, or hotels, with a grain of salt. The vast majority of responders always seem to be people who had a really bad experience, with maybe a few very positives thrown in. Who knows if that experience is typical or if the posters have some other motivation.

I've only visited Waterloo once for a party, and it seemed like a decent place. Despite being in a historic neighborhood, it's a relatively modern building and the interior was pretty standard (w-w carpeting, drywall, low ceilings, etc.), but it seemed well-maintained and is in a good location.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:33 AM

7 posts, read 30,198 times
My wife and I spent some time looking at Waterloo and talking to residents (they had a resident pool party going on when we visited) and left with a very good impression of the place. All of the residents loved it. The complex itself was very nice. What kept us out was the price, parking and size if the units.

Parking was about $130 per car per month. The units themselves had modern styling which in apartment land translates to angled walls and thus cuts down on usable square footage.

-todd

Old 08-28-2008, 01:38 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,592,508 times
I like it that they allow dogs!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore