Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 08:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,791 times

Advertisements

well it really depends on where you move to.

if you move to a nice neighorhood then na it is ok to be in with children but if you move in the deep hoods or city then you more likely gonna have crime and be dealing with murder, crime, rape, assault. it just depends. it can be and it can't be. its like moving to new york it all depends on your location
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 04:08 PM

271 posts, read 417,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quaintpancake View Post
So, you don't live in the city and you witnessed a shooting outside of your front door. And you have a friend whose job is to respond to the worst calls in a city of over 500,000.

That's second hand. Not first hand.

Everyone I have ever met that is afraid of Baltimore has either (1) never lived in the city or (2) not lived in the city for a long, long time.

My friends that are afraid of the city spend their time on message boards like this, or reading the knee-jerk-news.

I'm telling you from my first hand experience--there are many areas in the city that are completely safe.

I have parked my car on the street around Fells Point every night for almost a year and have never had an issue. In fact, I've never even seen breakaway glass on the ground. My brother lived in Ellicott City for about 2 months before someone broke into his car.

I'm not really saying Ellicott City isn't safe, because it is.

The best thing you can do is go find out for yourself. You might not like it, but you're not going to get shot or whatever some people seem to think.

Its the same way for people on the Newark threads. " oh i have a friend who was robbed 5 years ago by some projects miles from downtown im never going there"

your spot on ! first hand experience should be the only thing people use as examples

Old 10-10-2012, 08:47 AM

61 posts, read 78,083 times
I live in the Fell's Point/Canton areas; both of which are very safe. After a week or so, you will figure out what areas to avoid. Both of these areas are well off and have almost all upstanding citizens.

I am not a teacher, but from what I hear the public school system in any American city is atrocious. From my understanding, you are more of babysitter/disciplinarian than anything. I agree with carey24.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:00 AM

125 posts, read 286,660 times
Just to this website

Baltimore Homicides - baltimoresun.com

And you'll see right away which neighborhoods are good and which are bad.... Baltimore City murder map.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:24 PM

513 posts, read 961,388 times
Whenever I visit my investment property off of Woodbrooke Ave, I am strapped. What does that tell you.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:34 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,510,519 times
Big bad slumlord, packing heat, collecting his section 8 money.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:35 PM

1,145 posts, read 2,463,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gps29070 View Post
Just to this website

Baltimore Homicides - baltimoresun.com

And you'll see right away which neighborhoods are good and which are bad.... Baltimore City murder map.
Wow, the crime in Baltimore is pretty spread throughout the whole city. It looks like there are like 1 or 2 nice areas and thats about it.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:40 AM

1,346 posts, read 4,213,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew1000 View Post
Wow, the crime in Baltimore is pretty spread throughout the whole city. It looks like there are like 1 or 2 nice areas and thats about it.
No, not at all. There's plenty of nice areas in the city. It's still a large city and crime will be everyone but I never worry where I live in Fells Point.

Also are you a Milwaukee Brewers fan? Asking because of your name.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:43 AM

1,145 posts, read 2,463,667 times
^Yes, I'm a brewers fan, born and raised in Milwaukee

Old 10-19-2012, 05:01 PM

1,346 posts, read 4,213,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew1000 View Post
^Yes, I'm a brewers fan, born and raised in Milwaukee
Same here. I work in DC and lived there for a few years. I now commute from Baltimore to DC because of the city life here. It's more blue-collar and laid back. If you enjoy Milwaukee, you will enjoy Baltimore. DC is fun and has a lot going on but it's a completely different vibe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore