Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 3,794 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I will be going to Baltimore next summer for a week, and staying at the Days Inn - Inner Harbor. I was hoping you guys could help me with a little more...

Is it an easy walk from that Days Inn (100 Hopkins Place) to Camden Yards? What kind of neighborhood is it? I plan on going to a couple of O's games.

Would I have plenty of things to do (within walking distance) for about a week? (It looks like I probably won't have a car while I am there).

I am reading up on these places (Fell's Point, Fort McHenry, Baltimore Aquarium, Babe Ruth Museum etc.), but I am not sure how far apart they are from each other, and what kind of neighborhood I would be in.

Thanks for any tips/suggestions/help...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 01:45 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,591,613 times
It is a very easy walk to Camden from your hotel. You will be downtown. There is lots of activity. The neighborhoods you mention are all within walking distance to downtown. Follow the waterwalk for all of those areas. They are fine. Fort McHenry is a nice visit. There is a water taxi that takes you there. It is also walkable if you love to walk. I do it often or bike. Also, you could rent a bike in Federal Hill at Light Street Bikes.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:57 PM

19 posts, read 120,317 times
You'll love it. If you like dining in cool places, I would advise going to Federal Hill, Canton or Fell's Point. The Inner Harbor is a little too touristy ( is that a word? ). A few suggestions in no particular order - Red Star in Fell's Point is cool - Kooper's has great burgers and is casual. Little Havana is right on the water in Federal Hill, Nacho Mama's at the Square in Canton is good place ( there are several right there in Canton ). Bay Cafe, while it is right on the water and has a great view, I wouldn't eat there - the food is horrible. This is not a comprehensive list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: