Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 08:50 PM

149 posts, read 668,134 times

Advertisements

Okay, I didn't understand exactly what you meant. That statement caught me off guard a little. I see what you mean about the village. Pikesville is a fine place, but as you get down to the city line, and like you said in older apartments it gets a little "dicey".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 10:37 PM

139 posts, read 923,875 times
depends where in pikesville you at...going east in pikesville(greenspring avenue,park heights avenue,some parts of reistertown rd) is decent thats where the heavy jewish population is,especially park heights avenue...the further west in pikesville you go thats more of the black side - old court road(some jewish in the backblock),milford mill rd,liberty road,rolling road are areas where black gangs are active

Old 02-01-2008, 11:02 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,526,362 times
Default Pikesville

Iv'e lived in Pikesville for the past five years (after Martin O'Malley suggested if I didn't like the real estate taxes in Canton maybe I should move to the county). Pikesville really does include several neighborhoods and a lot of area. I'm closer to Owings Mills area. We have solidly built older homes, large wooded lots and as much diversity as you can imagine. My street includes waspy young white couples, Jewish, Black, Russian, Dominican, Iranian and two gay households, on a street with only 15 - 20 houses. There is a great private school (McDonogh) right up the street and the public schools are doing pretty well. Where we live is quiet, friendly, and peaceful. I think (as others suggested) that the further south you go on Reisterstown Road, the more congested things get (traffic inside the Beltway is a bear on Reisterstown Road). But the area has a lot of diversity, ethic restaurants, and is conveniently located. I can still get downtown in 20 minutes by car or light rail. Having lived in Baltimore City for twenty years, I would not move back to the City. Best of luck in your search.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:18 AM

1,973 posts, read 6,806,622 times
Pikesville is perfectly fine. But it's so big that it includes all kinds of neighborhoods. If you want to see the newest, go and visit Quarry Lake, off Greenspring Avenue inside the beltway. It's still being constructed but it's huge. Has a nice Chinese/Thai/Malesian restaurant, with a cheap lunch menu.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:45 PM

480 posts, read 1,916,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaAlexandra View Post
We are a family of three, with a baby, moving to Baltimore area in June. Looking to rent 2-3 BR place, somewhere with easy commute to JHH.. Is Pikesville a good area for a small family? We are thinking Brittany apts, they seem to be located close to the Old Court Subway... Is it a quiet, safe area? Thanks a lot for any input!
Pikesville north of Old Court would be best - once you get south of there it starts getting more Baltimore-City like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore