Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 03:01 PM

2 posts, read 3,173 times

Advertisements

Hello! Unlike other posts about others moving to Baltimore, I am specifically interested in which neighborhoods an affluent gay couple with one dog should start looking? We already own a home in VA and are renting it out, so we want to rent in B'more. ($4,000 or less per month). We are interested in appropriate high-rises/condos. Will consider a house if not too far out. No kids, so school systems don't matter. Thanks in advance for any help. All we know of Baltimore has been shaped by watching "The Wire" and "Ace of Cakes."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 05:16 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,518,729 times
For $4k a month I think you can rent just about anything in this town.

Mt Vernon is the "Gayborhood" but is lacking hi-rises. Its houses are stately "mini-mansions" and if there are any for rent that haven't been carved up into apartments, I think it would suit you fine.

For really neat "new" high-end stuff check out Silo Point (your neighbors will include Michael Phelps and R&B singer Mario) and the Clipper Mill condos. Very cool repurposing of former industrial buildings. I'd live in Clipper Mill if I had the cash.

Roland Park is where the money is kept, historically. Guilford, too. These are residential covenant communities.

If you want to meet any of your favorite Ace of Cakes characters, get a drink at The Dizz, on Remington Ave. It's right next to their shop.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:22 PM

181 posts, read 633,804 times
I agree with the $4k comment.
There's a fancy new apartment building called the Fitzgerald on the edge of Mt. Vernon in the cultural center. I was there once with a client: definitely the best apartment we looked at.

Sorry, Michael Phelps lives in Fells Point, but he lives right up the street from the Crescent at Fells Point--definitely where I'd live if I could afford it.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:27 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,600,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWAJ View Post
Hello! Unlike other posts about others moving to Baltimore, I am specifically interested in which neighborhoods an affluent gay couple with one dog should start looking? We already own a home in VA and are renting it out, so we want to rent in B'more. ($4,000 or less per month). We are interested in appropriate high-rises/condos. Will consider a house if not too far out. No kids, so school systems don't matter. Thanks in advance for any help. All we know of Baltimore has been shaped by watching "The Wire" and "Ace of Cakes."
A gay couple and no knowledge of John Waters? Eek!

Old 02-12-2011, 05:32 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,518,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medfieldbum View Post
Sorry, Michael Phelps lives in Fells Point, but he lives right up the street from the Crescent at Fells Point--definitely where I'd live if I could afford it.
My bad on the misinfo. I thought that was a pretty "truthy" statement. How embarrassing!

Old 02-13-2011, 07:31 PM

2 posts, read 3,173 times
Thanks for all the help! I appreciate the leads! Keep 'em coming.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:18 AM

201 posts, read 590,136 times
Harbor East has some nice condo building.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:16 PM

1,757 posts, read 5,138,989 times
I agree about the 4k. You can rent a really nice place on the water for that amount. Moderator cut: No soliciting

Last edited by bmwguydc; 03-11-2011 at 05:00 PM.. Reason: No soliciting on the forum

Old 03-10-2011, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,347 times
Heard about Clipper Mill? Very nice, glass shop, 5star restaurant, etc. My girlfriend is looking for a flexible rental arrangement for her townhouse there.... [email]Surveyor@attglobal.net[/email]

Old 03-11-2011, 08:33 AM

1,349 posts, read 3,574,467 times
If you are looking for something in one of the more urban neighborhoods... first look at Harbor East & Mt. Vernon as well as places on/near the water in Federal Hill, Locust Point, Fells Point, and Canton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: