Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2009, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,412 times

Advertisements

Afternoon everyone,

I just found out this afternoon that I will be transferring from Pittsburgh PA to North Baltimore MD in less than 3 weeks. The office I will be working from is in Hunt Valley MD.

It's a cruel world that I have to leave my Pittsburgh Steelers to go to the home of the Baltimore Ravens. However, I actually spent my 4 years in college living in the home of the dreaded Cleveland Browns, so I'm more than prepped for the flaming that I will be receiving in this thread. Also, I'm a fan of the Baltimore Orioles, so it may not be the worst move I've ever made.

The purpose of this thread was to see if anyone had suggestions on good places for me to look. I'm a 24 year old single male. I have a passion for drinking more than 10 beers on any given night, and I am a fan of a good dive bar above a loud crowded club. I'll be looking for single bedroom apartments that a) won't break the bank b) won't get robbed 3 times a week and c) is not an hour away from the office.

If anyone has some advice on where to look I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance!

-D.P.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 03:02 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,591,613 times
Hamden may be up your alley. Corner bars there and decent area. Question? And the Steelers are who???

Old 03-31-2009, 05:52 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,391,935 times
Are you going to live near Hunt Valley? You can post this on the Maryland forum. I think Charm City holds the Dive Bar crown, but there's at least one in the area where you'll be working.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:18 PM

757 posts, read 2,553,296 times
There are several good bars to watch the Steelers in or around B-more. In the city are Todd Conner's in Fells Point and NcDevins in Canton. Both those neighborhoods would probably meet all 3 of your criteria except maybe the cheap part.

There used to be a huge bar on Washington Blvd. called the Purple Goose that was the HQ for the Baltimore Steelers fan club, but they changed ownership a year or two ago and became a Ravens Roost. You'll find quite a lot of western PA transplants (and bandwagon fans) around these parts.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:22 PM

418 posts, read 1,734,090 times
You should definitely check out Sandtown, Cherry Hill, and the various areas along North Avenue. There are a lot of Steelers fans there and you'll feel at home.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,377 times
Nice to see another Steelers fan coming to the area. I also just moved down here a week ago. I live in Canton and I also agree NcDevin's is a great place for Steeler fans.

Have you thought about getting roommates? That would make things a lot cheaper.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:27 AM

22 posts, read 170,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumerian Feast View Post
You should definitely check out Sandtown, Cherry Hill, and the various areas along North Avenue. There are a lot of Steelers fans there and you'll feel at home.

Ha! I knew someone would do this.

If you're going for the frat-boy feel, you can find plenty of others who enjoy drinking 10 beers a night in ex-frat boy ridden Federal Hill. Canton sounds up your alley too, and is close(r) to access to 83 to get to Hunt Valley.

You can also find plenty of college kids out getting hammered on various weekdays, so the Towson recommendation is right on. Closer to HV too.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:29 AM

689 posts, read 3,215,009 times
WOOOOT! GO STEELERS!!!!!

(Sorry, had to add that...)

Old 04-06-2009, 09:47 AM

1,349 posts, read 3,572,287 times
Rafters in federal hill has a good steelers crowd and serve primanti style sandwiches, perogies, and IC beer ($1 or $1.50 during steelers games).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore