Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2009, 07:31 PM

119 posts, read 564,903 times

Advertisements

Our future son-in-law just secured a job at McCormick and Schmick located in the Inner Harbor. They are moving from Jacksonville, Florida by the 20th of this month. Neither of them have ever been to Baltimore. I am trying to help them in their move as things are happening very fast. I have searched this forum to get some ideas of where they should live. I sent them the link of all the neighborhoods that was the post it on the top of the forum. They need an apartment/town house. The top of their budget is $1400. The biggest challenge is they have a large dog (American Bulldog). I would love to hear any idea folks have. The perfect match would be a rental house.

The things Moms do for their kids!! Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 03:53 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,595,746 times
Send them infomation on Patterson Park. With the dog, it would be a great neighborhood for them.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:04 AM

258 posts, read 1,011,277 times
I agree about Patterson Park. I also have an American Bulldog...and I live in Pigtown. They can find what they are looking for here with that budget, as well. Let me know if you need more specific information.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:43 PM

418 posts, read 1,734,552 times
Another option is Charles Village. Play with the dog in Wyman Park Dell, and take the bus straight down St. Paul St. and get off at the harbor, no problem.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:54 AM

1,349 posts, read 3,573,359 times
Federal Hill would be good, its walking distance to work. $1400 won't get you a fabulous place, but it will be able to get a decent rowhouse. Many of the landlords are fine with dogs, but it will restrict the options a little.

Are they looking for a city or suburb type of experience?

Old 04-13-2009, 01:56 PM

119 posts, read 564,903 times
Thanks for the help everyone. I would say that they are looking for more suburban than city.

What about the bus routes, how late do they run. Being a chef he can work until 1 a.m. They are headed to Baltimore this weekend to start the search.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:31 PM

34 posts, read 101,524 times
My neighbor in Patterson Park has two American Bulldogs! They would love our park.

Summer
Patterson Park

Old 04-23-2009, 09:54 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,398,566 times
If they want to live in the suburbs and commute to downtown, they can live in Owings Mills. There's a train station there that goes right downtown and lots of commuters use it during rush hour. In most other suburbs, they would probably need a car. BTW parking in the inner harbor is pretty expensive (IMO) and I think it's like 120 bucks a month. If they can't afford a car for a while, then they can try to get an apartment close to the Owings Mills metro so they can walk to the station.

In addition to the metro, there is also a Light Rail in Baltimore. They can live in Timonium, Hunt Valley or Linthicum (suburban locations) and have access to the light rail. There is surface parking in these areas but it's a little of a hike still to get to the station from any apartment complexes.

If they live in any suburbs, they may eventually have to get a car which you're used to from Florida, probably. Almost nobody in the suburbs walks and there's a lack of pedestrian friendly sidewalks and traffic lights. They can find complexes that accept pets in those areas and have a workable commute to downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore