Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 10:44 AM

6 posts, read 25,180 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am a student and am planning on staying at the Extended Stay in Glen Burnie (104 Chesapeake Centre Ct Glen Burnie, MD 21061). Does anyone have any feedback on safety and crime of this place? I plan on staying here for 2 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 06:54 PM

773 posts, read 2,622,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StudentMed16 View Post
Hi,

I am a student and am planning on staying at the Extended Stay in Glen Burnie (104 Chesapeake Centre Ct Glen Burnie, MD 21061). Does anyone have any feedback on safety and crime of this place? I plan on staying here for 2 months.
I stayed in Extended Stay in Timonium off York Road on three occasions for a week to ten days each in October/November of this year. It was clean and very quiet. Most of the men there seemed to be blue-collar contract workers for Comcast who came from all over the country. There were very few women staying and I never saw one kid.

The prices are reasonable, except for telephone charges. On my first trip I forgot to bring my cell phone. I must have made quite a few calls to relatives and friends in Balto and to Chicago, because my phone bill for the week was $150!!!

Enjoy your stay in Baltimore (and bring your cell phone).

Old 12-16-2009, 12:01 AM

167 posts, read 425,250 times
I shop and bank in the area occasionally. The hotel is in a retail zoned area, next to two heavily-travelled thoroughfares. During the evenings and nights I've been there, I haven't seen anything untoward happening in the area. The hotel itself is next to a marine shop, a bank, a family restaurant, and (south of there) an indoor mall dominated by Wal-Mart. Across the street from the area where the hotel sits is a collection of condominiums/apartments, and to the west of there, many metric tons of suburban retail establishments.

You won't find many pedestrians casually strolling through the area, as most people use cars to get around. The public transit bus that runs on Ordinance Road operates only to deliver workers to and from Bay Meadow Industrial Park and other nearby businesses during rush-hour on weekdays; otherwise, no service and a 1/4 mile walk to Ritchie Highway.

Now as a guy, I wouldn't have a problem walking that distance to and from the hotel at any time. After most of the retail establishments close, traffic diminishes significantly and a lot of empty space (paved, some wooded) has to be traversed where there won't be anyone but an occasional driver who may or may not see you on the way to or from the hotel. Regardless of how safe the area is, you might consider whether you're comfortable with such a situation (if you're walking).

Last edited by carthell; 12-16-2009 at 12:17 AM..

Old 12-18-2009, 08:16 AM

156 posts, read 422,569 times
The BWI and the Glen Burnie Extended Stays are not far from the hospital. Your choice is better for more places to walk to and the buses pick up along Ritchie Hwy and go either into Baltimore or south to Annapolis if you get a chance for any exploring/sightseeing. Annapolis Accomadations is a business that does short term furnished rental apts. and private homes but may be more pricey. Some of your fellow students may be interested. The only drawback of course is no maid service. LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore