Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2010, 06:56 PM

30 posts, read 56,856 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm a 23 year old single male, working and living in New Jersey. I've been in NJ my whole life and I'm seriously ready for a move. I have a friend who lives in the Fed Hill area, who is also from NJ-but went to UMD, and he swears by Fed Hill and Baltimore.

I'm just curious if anyone had any input to share for a person in my position. I know.. getting a job blows of course, but disregard that for now..

In terms of meeting people (relatively young.. in their 20/30's) and nightlife, what would you say about the Fed Hill area?

Thanks for any input
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 09:58 PM

206 posts, read 472,749 times
Umm sure, you'll find plenty of fans of Fed Hill, and others of Canton or Fells Point. If your requirements are nightlife and young singles then you'll do fine there. Look into BSSC - Baltimore Sports and Social Club. Ideally you wouldn't have a car, and would work downtown, because otherwise parking may control your life. You also get pretty good access to I-95, if getting a job (outside the city) becomes a requirement. When you get a bit older and interested in restaurants and culture you might consider Mount Vernon and downtown, or eventually Hampden or Patterson Park if you're thinking about owning a house. But all in due time ...

Old 02-03-2010, 07:17 AM

30 posts, read 56,856 times
thanks

Old 02-04-2010, 05:56 AM

1,757 posts, read 5,138,453 times
As a former single male, I was very much a fan of the Fed Hill/Canton/Fell's Point areas.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:04 AM

775 posts, read 1,785,146 times
Fed Hill is a lot younger crowd than Canton and Fells Pt. Weekends take on a frat party atmosphere if that's what you like. Canton and to a lesser extent Fells have more homeowners, more families, but are still fun. Plenty of bars and restaurants, just fewer kids having their first drink.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:40 PM

206 posts, read 472,749 times
To be fair, any of three can reach the "frat party" level pretty quick. Cross St in Fed Hill probably is the most likely, but O'Donnell Square in Canton and Lower Broadway in Fells Point wouldn't be far behind. I might say that Canton is the most likely to see an annoying "B&T" crowd (just to throw epithets at the Jersey guy ;-), with Fed Hill least and Fells in between. But when you get bored/older any of the three also has decent corner pubs and restaurants away from those main mass-alcoholic districts.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:22 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,601,251 times
I'm in Howard County and turn 21 this year, can anyone name some specific bars in the areas mentioned that attract a good turnout of college/under 25 types?

Old 02-04-2010, 02:52 PM

239 posts, read 759,828 times
As a transplant, I can say that there really is very little difference among Fed Hill, Fells and Canton bar scenes. You get more live music in Fells, more food in Canton, and a little more club feel in Fed.

Nobels in Fed Hill is all right in my book for a night out. Strong drinks, decent DJ, girls acting crazy, and just a smattering of pushy dudes. In fact, I think it's probably my favorite place when I'm looking to get drunk and dance.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:33 AM

775 posts, read 1,785,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
I'm in Howard County and turn 21 this year, can anyone name some specific bars in the areas mentioned that attract a good turnout of college/under 25 types?
Mother's and MaGerks are popular first drink locations. Enjoy a night of Flip Cup and Beer Pong (Two sports that Baltimore has a legit championship shot).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: