Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 12:12 PM

16 posts, read 32,647 times

Advertisements

I will spending the day at the Inner Harbor and taking in the Aqaurium and other venues. I would like to hit up a "real deal" seafood restaurant in the area.

Anyone have a good recommendation for one? As a back-up, other cuisine I would consider would be Italian and American in that order.

Thanks in advance...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 12:35 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,498,360 times
If you are interested in fresh fish, the all out best is the Black Olive on Bond Street in Fells Point (a short walk from the Inner Harbor). Can't be beat.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:14 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,545,088 times
For the Inner Harbor, the Oceanaire is excellent. I have never had a bad meal there. They are in Inner Harbor East. Also, McCormick and Schmicks is great. Outside the Inner Harbor, for Baltimore authentic, Bertha's in Fells Point or Obrycki's Crab House in Upper Fells Point are great choices. There is also Mama's on the Half Shell in Canton on O'Donnell Street with excellent, huge portions of seafood.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:17 PM

52 posts, read 174,458 times
Moma's On the Half Shell --- is the real deal..... but it might be a cab ride up Boston Ave from Inner Harbor. IT is the real deal and worth the short trip. Great neighborhood pub with restaurant upstairs

Old 05-24-2010, 07:19 PM

757 posts, read 2,544,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
If you are interested in fresh fish, the all out best is the Black Olive on Bond Street in Fells Point (a short walk from the Inner Harbor). Can't be beat.
I second the Black Olive, especially if you like seafood and Greek food. The waiter will walk you to the kitchen to select your fish and then fillet it at the table.

McCormick & Schmick's is also excellent, although it can be a bit touristy.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:53 AM

1,349 posts, read 3,558,585 times
M&S and Oceanaire are the best seafood that's actually in the inner harbor. M&S is a better value imo, plus they have outside seating which is nice (weather permitting). Roys is really good too and is actually my favorite of the bunch but its not just "normal" seafood. Obviously, they are all (albeit upscale) chains but that's what the inner harbor is.

Black Olive is a good but quite expensive and again, not really a traditional seafood sort place. Its a greek fish house, which may not be your cup of tea.

John Steven Ltd (Fells Point) and Ryelighs Oyster (Federal Hill) would be my two favorite local seafood place. You can walk to either from the harbor, but its a bit of a walk. Entrees at both will run in the $20 ballpark.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:19 AM

866 posts, read 2,617,321 times
I second the recommendation for Ryleigh's.

Because Italian cuisine is a backup option, don't forget that Little Italy is a short walk from the Inner Harbor. There are plenty of great restaurants there, but a personal favorite of mine is Amicci's.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:23 PM

16 posts, read 32,647 times
any opinions on the Rusty Scupper??

Old 05-26-2010, 02:32 PM

1,349 posts, read 3,558,585 times
I haven't eaten there myself, mainly because its generally regarded as overpriced and not that good. McCormick & Schmick's is probably better if you want something with a view of the harbor.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:48 PM

6,558 posts, read 11,184,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by novaman99 View Post
any opinions on the Rusty Scupper??
Work in the area and we go there for lunch every once in awhile. And I find it "okay". But you're definitely paying more for the view than the food. Most of my colleagues that are Baltimore natives don't really like it all that much....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore