U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2010, 12:12 PM

3,442 posts, read 6,153,207 times

Advertisements

I've gotta say I was pleasantly surprized with the number of vendors and the variety and quality of the Brewer Farmer's Mkt when I was there on the 6th. Last year was so disappointing, to me anyway. When I went last summer there were very few vendors. It pays to take a stroll among them all before making your purchases.. I found that green beans were selling at one booth for $3.50 lb as opposed to another that had good looking ones for $2.00 lb. I loved booth of the man from Maxwell that had so many yummy goat cheese and cows milk cheese spreads. I chose the lemon dill and it is delishous. I'll be going back this week to try another variety. I believe this market is open mornings til 1 on Wednesday to Saturday but there may be some there on Tuesdays as well.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 03:45 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,352,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdaawn View Post
I've gotta say I was pleasantly surprized with the number of vendors and the variety and quality of the Brewer Farmer's Mkt when I was there on the 6th. Last year was so disappointing, to me anyway. When I went last summer there were very few vendors. It pays to take a stroll among them all before making your purchases.. I found that green beans were selling at one booth for $3.50 lb as opposed to another that had good looking ones for $2.00 lb. I loved booth of the man from Maxwell that had so many yummy goat cheese and cows milk cheese spreads. I chose the lemon dill and it is delishous. I'll be going back this week to try another variety. I believe this market is open mornings til 1 on Wednesday to Saturday but there may be some there on Tuesdays as well.
I hope when you come back, you will make a point to stop and introduce yourself to the Stone Soup Collaborative. We may not have a lot of stuff yet (this is our first year as market gardeners and we are struggling and learning) but we are always glad to meet folks we "know" in other venues. There are actually two markets running there concurrently, Brewer is at the south end of the row and Penobscot Farmers Market is at the north end. Politics in the past, I hear...

The Brewer Market runs Tu-Sat but not all vendors are there every day. Thus. and Sat seem to be the biggest days, with Sat by far hosting the most vendors. We (Brewer) usually have goat cheese, fudge and other products, berries, produce, herbs, eggs and flowers on Thurs with a larger selection of all of the above on Sat. Sat. brings the Daily Bread to the Penobscot end, as well as more of the same as on our end.

As with all farmers markets, those "in the know" like to arrive early to make sure to get their favorite products. Our market starts at 8.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
>