Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 10:37 AM

17 posts, read 34,299 times

Advertisements

What are house prices like in Orono?
Which would be good real estate sites to check out?
Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 10:53 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,891,731 times
Seems like there are many "rental" threads on the Maine forum. Have you tried searching the forum for previous threads? The Bangor Daily News online? Apartments for Rent (Unfurnished) - Real Estate Rental & Sale - Bangor Daily News Classifieds

Craig's List? maine apts/housing for rent classifieds "orono" - craigslist

googled rentals Orono maine and tried the property management links?

Old 07-28-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegrl2011 View Post
Seems like there are many "rental" threads on the Maine forum. Have you tried searching the forum for previous threads? The Bangor Daily News online? Apartments for Rent (Unfurnished) - Real Estate Rental & Sale - Bangor Daily News Classifieds

Craig's List? maine apts/housing for rent classifieds "orono" - craigslist

googled rentals Orono maine and tried the property management links?
As I asked about house prices replies about apartment rentals are less than helpful!

Old 07-28-2011, 03:54 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,891,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Holt View Post
As I asked about house prices replies about apartment rentals are less than helpful!
ok, no need to be rude and unappreciative--You named the thread Housing in Orono--I didn't realize you are only interested in houses and apparently you want to buy a house rather than rent as evidenced by the new thread with a different title.

There are houses listed for SALE at Bangor Daily News online http://realestate.bangordailynews.com/

as well as Craig's List maine real estate - all classifieds "orono" - craigslist

google works too

Old 07-28-2011, 04:44 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
felix, she took some time to help you out, you should be thankful- you may want to change your attitude , if you want to make friends up here-just saying

Old 07-28-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
felix, she took some time to help you out, you should be thankful- you may want to change your attitude , if you want to make friends up here-just saying
Mainebrokerman - I think it is the height of rudeness for anyone to reply to a posting without having the courtesy of reading it first! Frankly, I think my reply was pretty constrained in the circumstances!

Old 07-28-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegrl2011 View Post
ok, no need to be rude and unappreciative--You named the thread Housing in Orono--I didn't realize you are only interested in houses ...
Thanks for the info
Can't understand the confusion, though? Surely 'housing' means 'houses' (at least it does in my English); 'rentals' would mean apartments etc for rent. I can understand "accommodation" being ambiguous, but not 'housing'!

Old 07-28-2011, 09:03 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,653,060 times
That was very nice of you to find those last links.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:04 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,653,060 times
Rep that!

Old 07-29-2011, 06:30 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,884,828 times
Quote:
Mainebrokerman - I think it is the height of rudeness for anyone to reply to a posting without having the courtesy of reading it first! Frankly, I think my reply was pretty constrained in the circumstances!
Quote:
Thanks for the info
Can't understand the confusion, though? Surely 'housing' means 'houses' (at least it does in my English); 'rentals' would mean apartments etc for rent. I can understand "accommodation" being ambiguous, but not 'housing'!
hous·ingnoun /ˈhouziNG/ 
housings, plural
  1. Houses and apartments considered collectively
    • - affordable housing
    • - a housing development

2. The provision of accommodations
    • - the sector that offers housing to the poorest

3. A rigid casing that encloses and protects a piece of moving or delicate equipment

Mainebrokerman, as usual, makes a good point. Nuff said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area