U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 08:28 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,773,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tena64 View Post
moved here from Houston in December, i love Maine glad to be here .
Looking forward to my second winter , i only took out my own mailbox once!
The plow guy has nothing on me , I am looking to buy i used Subaru at the end of this month .
We are looking at Forrestors , are they ok to buy used ? I loved jeeps but you know at around 70,00 your going to buying a tranny , anything you need to know about used Subarus , how are they etc?
thanks,
Tena
A lot of people drive Subarus around here. I've never driven one, myself. But my cousin had one ages ago and loved it.

I get by fine with my little Saturn and four studded snow tires. It's all in your tires, just remember that. A four-wheel drive is useless if the tires have no grip. The snow tires make a huge difference in snow, but they don't handle as well on dry pavement.

Other features you might want are anti-lock brakes and traction control.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 09:55 AM

855 posts, read 1,050,150 times
I've begun looking at Subarus lately. How are the Outbacks compared to the Forrester? Especially for winter driving.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:09 PM

6,550 posts, read 7,573,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
The Mrs. had to learn suddenly when I broke an ankle at work.
dramamama had to learn suddenly when I broke my ankle in 3 places at parents weekend at my daughter's college. I have a steel plate and 7 screws in my ankle now.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:04 PM

23,384 posts, read 40,510,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryDactyls View Post
I've begun looking at Subarus lately. How are the Outbacks compared to the Forrester? Especially for winter driving.
Both are great, even with standard all season tires for winter driving, although I'd recommend a separate set of studded snows or snows for more treacherous back country hilly driving. Think of the Subaru as a four wheeled mobile sled that runs excellent on snow, but does very well on gravel and dirt roads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area