Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2012, 05:56 PM

1,151 posts, read 2,036,479 times

Advertisements

I just tried Yoshi in Brewer today. I have to say, I was fairly impressed. Lunch prices were very reasonable to me, and the portion was more than I could eat. As I often do when I go out for Asian food, I tried something I had never tried before... "Unadon" or "Unagi don": broiled eel over rice. At lunch time, $9 and some change got me a fairly large bowl of the stuff, a small bowl of miso soup, a pot of green tea, and a small salad.

I've been to Ichiban a few times, and I've not been disappointed by their service or food either. Reasonable prices there as well, at least for lunch time. Can usually eat lunch there for around $8-$10 depending on what you get and how much.

I've eaten at Green Tea probably four or five times. For Japanese food, they seem to be the highest priced of the three (expect to pay around $15 for an entrée), but their portions to me seemed biggest. One thing they have there that the others don't have is this appetizer called "rock shrimp tempura." I tried it the first time I went and I've ended up ordering it just about every subsequent time. It's basically fried shrimp smothered in a creamy mayonnaise sauce that they make. Trust me when I say that after tasting that creamy sauce, you'll probably never want to bother with tartar or cocktail sauce again. On the downside, I've found their service to be on the slow side, but the food is still worth the wait.

I'll probably be eating at Yoshi a few more times, but as it stands right now, it's a tie 'twixt Green Tea and Yoshi. I'm looking forward to trying out the new place by Wally World when it opens up too (Kobe, I believe).

I welcome the addition of as many Asian restaurants as are willing to come to Maine. As they say in Japan: いただきます! (Let's eat!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 06:45 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,891,731 times
I've been to Ichiban, Kobe, and others. Japanese is ok once in a while for a change, but I prefer Maine seafood restaurants or Maine seafood cooked at home..or breakfast at Dysarts.. When I was a teenager we used to go to Sings Polyanesian and Cantonese restaurant in Bangor....it was a novelty to us I guess back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
View detailed profiles of: