Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 05:24 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,657,904 times

Advertisements

I posted this in Bangor forum, but since I haven't received a response, I thought I'd try here. I've never been to the Bangor Waterfront. I'm dropping my daughter and her friends off there for a concert and was hoping to find a good drop-off and pick-up spot near the venue. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 08:40 AM

1,473 posts, read 3,182,959 times
How old are they? If they are young, Main Street runs right by the Waterfront. The further up Main Street they can walk (it will be VERY crowded, the easier to pick them up I would think. There is a Dunkin Donuts across the street that will be packed.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangorme View Post
How old are they? If they are young, Main Street runs right by the Waterfront. The further up Main Street they can walk (it will be VERY crowded, the easier to pick them up I would think. There is a Dunkin Donuts across the street that will be packed.
Thanks! We've decided to go early so we can scout out the area.

Old 09-01-2013, 02:39 PM

476 posts, read 743,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
Thanks! We've decided to go early so we can scout out the area.
The Beatles played Dodger Stadium in L.A. in the mid-sixties, and my older sister and a friend had my mom and dad drop them off in the parking lot before the show. You can imagine just how incredibly packed the stadium and surrounding community was. It was pandemonium wherever the Fab Four played. Screaming teens all over the place, etc.
There was one hitch in the plan that day. My parents didn't make plans on exactly where or when they would retrieve my sister after the concert. Beatlemania and the accompanying minions were not factored into the plans I think.
Amazingly, at the exact moment that my sister and friend were exiting the stadium, with tens of thousands of other kids, my mom and dad were just then arriving, and happened to be rounding the parking lot bend just a few feet from where my sis was walking out of that particular turnstile.
This little tale is sort of legendary in our family nowadays.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:48 AM

That's so cool, 221B! Whatever did we do before cell phones! My kids don't know life without them. It's so easy to keep track of who's where now. I remember as a kid being stranded because my mom couldn't get in touch with me. Anyway, just for an FYI, I ended up parking in the Shaw's parking lot right across from the venue. Worked out perfectly. We didn't even get stuck in traffic too much. It's a nice venue. Now that I know what I'm doing, I'm sure we'll go there more often next year for shows!

Old 09-02-2013, 08:33 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,514,945 times
Just be aware that you should not park in the Shaw's lot while attending the concert.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:54 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,553,788 times
Just down Main Street on the same side is a Tim Horton's. That's south or down river. Parking for the concert is at Bass Park, almost across from Tim Horton's.

Last edited by Northern Maine Land Man; 09-02-2013 at 09:07 AM..

Old 09-02-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdaawn View Post
Just be aware that you should not park in the Shaw's lot while attending the concert.
I was just waiting there to pick up. I didn't attend the concert. There were several lots in the area that offered $10 parking, which isn't bad. I do think some concert goers parked at Shaw's though. I wouldn't risk it! It's not worth getting a ticket!

Old 09-03-2013, 01:02 PM

565 posts, read 927,183 times
Shaws sometimes separates part of their parking lot for paid parking in the back. If you are just waiting for someone or picking up, the front part near the street would be an okay spot, however traffic getting in and leaving there can be very crowded.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:17 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,182,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthetrees View Post
Shaws sometimes separates part of their parking lot for paid parking in the back. If you are just waiting for someone or picking up, the front part near the street would be an okay spot, however traffic getting in and leaving there can be very crowded.
The good thing about this parking lot is that there are two ways to get out of it. One on Main Street, and one out the back that eventually will lead you to Hammond St.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area