U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 07:11 PM

32,736 posts, read 53,333,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Two points for Maine Writer.

LOL
LOL

cute.

I missed that in my first reading. Very nice.

When I was in the restaurant I was fully clothed.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 07:45 PM

10 posts, read 24,688 times
Default from cheska

Well thankyou for all of your advice....heehee your posts make me giggle, especially about the naked bowling in Old Town. I did hear about this before, reading some of your posts before I arrived here...lol....Unfortunately I havent had time to visit there yet and Im afraid I think it would make me blush. Dont get me wrong I am not afraid of new cultures, but I dont think this is my cup of tea.....

I have rented a nice apartment in Orono and my daughter started Orono High school yesterday. I have been at Univeristy for 3 weeks now and even though I missed home so much a few weeks ago, I am finally feeling more settled and happy.. It is so beautiful here and my friend has taken me to Belfast and Bar Harbor already which I absolutely loved..

I have sampled each and every restaurant and shop in Orono, been to Bangor mall on the Bat bus and frequent Old town reguarly, usually Subway mostly....lol........... I havent checked out any bars yet and I must admit I miss that, I like a good drink evry now and then(Im not an alcoholic so dont quote me on that!!!).....lol...... I would like to visit the farmers market and say Hi to everyone ...I do like to talk alot.......

What has grabbed me more than anything is the most awe inspiring friendliest people I have encountered in my whole life.... Everyone has been so nice, so kind and amazingly friendly. So to all of you out there who have questioned the Mainers reaction to new people.......Well, Im telling you...No other place on earth could match this......And when I return to England next year I will bring back with me, the memories of the most beautiful people in the world.............

But anyway... if you see a portuguese/english girl driving on the wrong side of the road, in my friends truck, with an english accent, wondering if yellow means go at the traffic signals......Give me a wave and say a big hello...........and get out the way quick!!!!!! lol.......

ps......Ill check out the eatery in Old Town as I havent tried it yet........

Old 11-27-2008, 01:35 AM

10 posts, read 24,688 times
Default Thanksgiving

Just wanted to stop by and wish all you folks A Happy Thanksgiving...hope you all have a lovely time with friends and family..

Cheska x

Old 11-27-2008, 04:45 AM

6,233 posts, read 12,034,536 times
Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Old 11-27-2008, 07:07 AM

32,736 posts, read 53,333,297 times
and you too.

Old 11-27-2008, 07:20 AM

25 posts, read 52,675 times
Happy Thanksgiving, Cheska.
If you've been to Derby in England, you may recognize the background in my profile photo; I was there a few years ago.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:04 PM

21,347 posts, read 7,828,272 times
Hi Cheska,

What a great thread! How are you faring now that you've got a few months under your belt? Winter's on its way to you. Are you excited to see winter in Maine? Are you enjoying the area and the university? How do your kids like the area?

I loved England when I was there ... gosh, it's been longer than I want to type on here. lol You have a lovely country yourself!

Gale
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area